TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: It's a disgrace not to have a senior striker yet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Apperantly according to many sources in the media we are no closer to signing a striker (we need at least 3 quality strikers). The club are treating fans appallingly.

The season is two weeks away tomorrow.

The club is taking the p1ss out the fans, its the Eisners and Cullens fault, not the Cowleys. The owners are incredibly tight when it comes to spending on the team.

No doubt we will get some crap youngsters on loan at the end of the window.

It's a disgrace the position a club of our stature finds itself in. Its the owners fault which seems very common these days..
It does seem to be a very badly planned transfer window.
(15-07-2022, 01:28 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Apperantly according to many sources in the media we are no closer to signing a striker (we need at least 3 quality strikers). The club are treating fans appallingly.

The club is taking the p1ss out the fans, its the Eisners and Cullens fault, not the Cowleys. The owners are incredibly tight when it comes to spending on the team.

It's a disgrace the position a club of our stature finds itself in. Its the owners fault which seems very common these days..

3/10 heard it all before. Welcome back though. Where’s Hirst?
It'll be London bus's, you wait and see.
(15-07-2022, 01:28 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Apperantly according to many sources in the media we are no closer to signing a striker (we need at least 3 quality strikers). The club are treating fans appallingly.

It looks more and more likely that DC is going to have to call on your striking skills BArmy so I hope that you are  spending your time in Cape Town, Suid Afrike wisely moosh.

I'm sure running up & down Table Mountain is nothing compared to the terrace work you put in as a  professional footballer. 

Next week we need you smashing them in to the back of the net from any distance, left foot, right foot your noddle - season kick off is looming.

p s. If you can make it back to Portsmouth fully fit for Sat July 23rd we can see you in action again the Skyhooks.
It does smack of being badly planned either that or the Cowleys are playing a very cunning end game. Reading between the lines of Marlon Packs assessment of the training so far I feel they haven't been able to tactically plan the attacking side of things.
If I had to choose 2 of the following 3 - Hirst ,Bishop and Pigott. I'd rather push the boat out and buy Bishop and take Pigott on loan with a view to buy and let Hirst go to Ipswich or elsewhere. ( I think the resale value of Bishop and/or Pigott could be more than Hirst as I'm sure Leicester would want quite a big % sell on fee).
Stick Gifford in the mix
I fear we might end up with Geoff Hurst, Ian Bishop and, rest his soul, Lester Piggott!
I still say if we end up with two of Hirst, Bishop & Pigott then the club will have played a blinder, and all those wishing we had bought someone else less good earlier will be eating their words. 

No-one will remember or care when they signed if we start the season with two of them.
I would mind cole Stockton either
(15-07-2022, 02:09 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]It does smack of being badly planned either that or the Cowleys are playing a very cunning end game. Reading between the lines of Marlon Packs assessment of the training so far I feel they haven't been able to tactically plan the attacking side of things.
If I had to choose 2 of the following 3 - Hirst ,Bishop and Pigott. I'd rather push the boat out and buy Bishop and take Pigott on loan with a view to buy and let Hirst go to Ipswich or elsewhere. ( I think the resale value of Bishop and/or Pigott could be more than Hirst as I'm sure Leicester would want quite a big % sell on fee).

Well they definitely can’t plan the attacking side of the tactics right now!

I agree, I see Hirst as a massive gamble.
It's the fact they don't have 1 striker. That's is the complete fuck-up. Put in a foundation first and then see if you can be patient for the marquee signing.

The idiots in the boardroom don't understand the importance of a preseason. If they did, they would have pulled heir finger out and signed 1 striker ffs.

Our club is a fucking joke.
All Agreed as stated above. This is so amateur Non - Negotiations it seems. Maybe this is why we needed a D.O.F. 6 months ago to lead negotiations directly with clubs & sort out money grabbing agents.
(15-07-2022, 03:35 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]It's the fact they don't have 1 striker. That's is the complete fuck-up. Put in a foundation first and then see if you can be patient for the marquee signing.

The idiots in the boardroom don't understand the importance of a preseason. If they did, they would have pulled heir finger out and signed 1 striker ffs.

You want the board to sign people DC doesn’t want? DC decided who he signs.
(15-07-2022, 04:14 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-07-2022, 03:35 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]It's the fact they don't have 1 striker. That's is the complete fuck-up. Put in a foundation first and then see if you can be patient for the marquee signing.

Not sure how you've reached that conclusion?
(15-07-2022, 04:26 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-07-2022, 04:14 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

Not sure how you've reached that conclusion?

You said about the idiots in the boardroom not understand pre season and that they would have pulled their finger out and signed someone.

Kid on trial that went to Spain, DC didn’t want him. Should they pulled have pulled their finger out and signed him?
Our club is ran by idiots, always has been really.
(15-07-2022, 04:40 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Our club is ran by idiots, always has been really.

9/10

An idiot would put ran instead of run.
In South African English it's ran.
I love it when our messageboard heavyweights go toe to toe
(15-07-2022, 04:48 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]In South African English it's ran.

Of course it is.
(15-07-2022, 02:09 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]It does smack of being badly planned either that or the Cowleys are playing a very cunning end game.

Baldrick would be proud of this one.
Baldrick Eisners cunning plan
(15-07-2022, 04:40 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Our club is ran by idiots, always has been really.

Stop posting on here doofus, your 150+ goals in 300 odd lower league football matches as a professional footballer means we need you fit to take up the striker role ASAP. 

I've got a mate who does taxis to/from the airport - I'll get him to pick you up next Friday ready for the friendly on Saturday. 

No excuses moosh DC need you 100 %  able and willing to start knocking them in.
Well we now have 1 - Pigott on loan
Pages: 1 2 3