TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Reassuring words
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb...ch-3770348

I think the news needs to check their definition on 'reasuring' lol If anything I found Danny's placations even more concerning . We seem to be nowhere near closing off deals.
Taken from the news website 

He added: ‘You look at Michael Eisner’s career at Disney, he had a lot of success with young people.

‘If you look at the young people in the films his company made, there would have been a lot of young actors who have went on to have outstanding careers.'

What on earth Danny waffling on about?
(15-07-2022, 05:29 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Taken from the news website 

He added: ‘You look at Michael Eisner’s career at Disney, he had a lot of success with young people.

‘If you look at the young people in the films his company made, there would have been a lot of young actors who have went on to have outstanding careers.'

What on earth Danny waffling on about?

What a fucking load of bollocks!!
If I understood what he’s saying I’d probably be anything but reassured. It’s an embarrassing shambles.
What confused me is he seemed to say something but they didn’t quote him until the Disney shit unless I’m mistaken?
Is it me or is Cowley starting to sound more like Boris Johnson every day?
(15-07-2022, 06:40 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Is it me or is Cowley starting to sound more like Boris Johnson every day?

more like a dead man walking
He said judge him after three windows. The writing is on the wall Danny.
Another Cowley interview where he speaks but doesn’t actually say anything .Where’s Cullen
I've taken quite some time out from my Pompey life.. but coming back I get a sense of 'we've been here before'. Its the easiest thing in the world to criticise, however.. I'm not feeling particularly enthused at this moment in time. We appear rather disorganised going into a new season.. I do hope I'm proved wrong..
"we've been here before"
Feels to me like the time under Fenwick and Gregory.
Scientific managers who had not a clue about how to excite fans or the sort of player that could perform best at a ground where the fans ar great to support but expect a shift.
(17-07-2022, 04:00 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]"we've been here before"
Scientific managers who had not a clue about how to excite fans or the sort of player that could perform best at a ground where the fans ar great to support but expect a shift.

I thinks that's unnecessarily harsh on the Cowleys .. 
Games like the home wins against Sunderland, Oxford, Rotherham. Accrington & Wigan were all exciting games that made you leave the ground feeling very entertained.  The problem  last year was getting results on the road.
(17-07-2022, 04:24 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-07-2022, 04:00 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]"we've been here before"

I thinks that's unnecessarily harsh on the Cowleys .. 
Games like the home wins against Sunderland, Oxford, Rotherham. Accrington & Wigan were all exciting games that made you leave the ground feeling very entertained.  The problem  last year was getting results on the road.

not so much the individual games, more the interviews which he could take some advice over. He might even be building a decent side, most of the players in seem decent but he does not seem to get our fan base.
Cook always had something interesting up his sleeve
Kenny not so much