TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: We have a striker!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Piggot on loan with Harness joining ITFC perm.
About time!
So, we’re only a little bit embarrassing, disgraceful and ridiculous now?

This squad is starting to come together but I’m waiting for the biggest gun to arrive.
Great signing. Piggot's problem at Ipswich was that he never got a proper run in the team. As we don't have any other strikers, I don't think that's going to be a problem here!
Harness was too inconsistent and it looks like his fee could bring in Bishop from MkD. I guess Reko will fill in for Harness in the short term.
This will only remotely become a good deal for us if Eisner can be persuaded to spend the income along with all the other savings on the playing budget that should be boosted by increased season ticket sales compared with last season.
Looking forward to a hattrick from him this afternoon.
Two things I hope we have done.

First it's a season loan deal in full, we don't need another Ben Thompson scenario come January. Trying to find a replacement striker after a great start to the season.

Second we have an option to buy.

"Bishop from MkD"
He plays for Accrington Stanley.
(16-07-2022, 08:50 AM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]Two things I hope we have done.

First it's a season loan deal in full, we don't need another Ben Thompson scenario come January. Trying to find a replacement striker after a great start to the season.

Second we have an option to buy.

"Bishop from MkD"
He plays for Accrington Stanley.

Yup, Colby from Accie it is.
Another meaning to the lone or loan striker role.
Ffs you coonts are never happy. No striker boo hoo, only one striker boo hoo. Do you honestly think that’s the only striker we’ll get. The transfer window doesn’t shut until the 31st August.
Man up the lot of you ffs.
I'm old fashioned enough to feel the transfer window should close before the season opens. Right mess up witht he world cup being sold to the highest briber.
I'm just happy we have one now so the team can train with a proper setup.
It’s great we have a striker but disappointing he’s on loan. I wouldn’t be surprised to see another striker coming on loan and we are then no further forward with the squad.
It's a loan with an option to buy, that's different than a straight loan like we had with Hirst.