TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Harness. Great business
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Alright going forward but an absolute liability on other occasions and can not head or defend.
Good luck to him. And er ipswich.
More frustration for their fans. Funny as .
... or consistently cross the ball - our NEXT bit of business will be very telling.

Let's hope !
I'm expecting Harness to be replaced with a wide midfield type who can add to the high press which Harness was not the best at.
Reid Is that type of player - apparently
Going forward he was fine. Going the other way, heading or even tackling he was shit
(16-07-2022, 08:11 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]Swapping arguably our most creative player for a striker that's spent most of his career failing to score in low/non-league and managed a herculean two goals in the whole of last season at this level.

Another masterstroke from the walking genius that is Danny Cowley.

We've signed a 20 goal a season player at this level only two seasons ago, one that everyone was desperate for usto sign last summer and was disappointed when he went to Ipswich. 

And as part of the deal got enough money to sign another decent striker, and shifted an inconsistent under-achiever . 

And you still moan.
Exactly Deep, can't believe half these whingers support Pompey. We sell a very inconsistent player and get a striker who averages 1 goal every 3 games (other than last season when he hardly played). A very good deal for us especially as it gives us money for a potential bid for Hirst or Bishop.
As an optimist I'd prefer Bishop and a loan for Kyle Joseph and hopefully Hayden Cater. Wishful thinking.
(16-07-2022, 09:40 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-07-2022, 08:11 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]Swapping arguably our most creative player for a striker that's spent most of his career failing to score in low/non-league and managed a herculean two goals in the whole of last season at this level.

We've signed a 20 goal a season player at this level only two seasons ago, one that everyone was desperate for usto sign last summer and was disappointed when he went to Ipswich. 

And as part of the deal got enough money to sign another decent striker, and shifted an inconsistent under-achiever . 

And you still moan.

You’ve missed the critical word LOAN out of your post DB, missing that out suggests he’s ours.

Very happy to get him but very disappointed it’s a loan.

I think Harness away from DC will be a different player and can see him celebrating promotion with us in 8th again.
I don't think Harness will be a regular at Ipswich once they find out he can't cross or tackle. As regards a loan to buy option for Pigott, that's a great deal, if he's good we buy him next season ( I assume DC knows the fee), if he flops he goes back.
(16-07-2022, 09:57 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]

And you still moan.

You’ve missed the critical word LOAN out of your post DB, missing that out suggests he’s ours.

I think Harness away from DC will be a different player and can see him celebrating promotion with us in 8th again.

It's described as a loan with a view to buy. 

But he is our player for a year at least.  Same as Williams last year who was 'our player' on a 'permanent' one year contract. What's the difference ?
(16-07-2022, 10:50 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

And you still moan.

But he is our player for a year at least.  Same as Williams last year who was 'our player' on a 'permanent' one year contract. What's the difference ?

You can extend a player's contract who you own.
(16-07-2022, 10:50 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

And you still moan.

He was a free transfer to Ipswich, so why should they expect a fee for a player not wanted in their team?
He was out of contract therefore no fee.  He still has some contract left at Ipswich so would cost a fee, if its only one year left we should pick him up for a free at the end of the season or cheaper then than now if has two years to go - far more sensible that paying a fee for him now.
We got paid money for a player who was, on the face of it, Andy Barcham with long hair
(16-07-2022, 03:47 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]We got paid money for a player who was, on the face of it, Andy Barcham with long hair

That hair seemed to unbalance him.

If he spent more time thinking about football and less about his hair he might make a reasonable player.

It was definitely good business, he was far too inconsistent.
(16-07-2022, 03:50 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-07-2022, 03:47 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]We got paid money for a player who was, on the face of it, Andy Barcham with long hair

That hair seemed to unbalance him.

If he spent more time thinking about football and less about his hair he might make a reasonable player.

It was definitely good business, he was far too inconsistent.

He’s big into his BJJ which I’m surprised he’s allowed to do as there is a good chance of injuries and they commonly get bad necks.
Anyone know the transfer fee?
With add ons It should surpass the 800k we paid Burton
https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb...tt-3771052
(16-07-2022, 04:41 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]With add ons It should surpass the 800k we paid Burton

Comforting to hear.  If not too much of it is conditional, and that which is will be achieved without too much bother then I'd say it's a good financial deal.  

Looks like he's only after another 2 attackers so no plan to replace Harness?  I'd prefer that happened but we'll see how it leaves us.
(16-07-2022, 05:40 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-07-2022, 04:41 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]With add ons It should surpass the 800k we paid Burton

Comforting to hear.  If not too much of it is conditional, and that which is will be achieved without too much bother then I'd say it's a good financial deal.  

Looks like he's only after another 2 attackers so no plan to replace Harness?  I'd prefer that happened but we'll see how it leaves us.

I would have thought a lot of it is conditional if it’s that much.
Whatever it was Ipswich met our asking price, which the championship clubs would not do.
(16-07-2022, 06:44 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Whatever it was Ipswich met our asking price, which the championship clubs would not do.

We don’t know any champ clubs were even interested in him and I very much doubt they were.
(16-07-2022, 07:06 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-07-2022, 06:44 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Whatever it was Ipswich met our asking price, which the championship clubs would not do.

We don’t know any champ clubs were even interested in him and I very much doubt they were.

Ok, let's go with the club have told the News that the championship clubs would not meet the asking price but they are obviously making that up to deceive their fanbase

Joe Pigott only started 10 games for Dipsh!t last season, and was sub in another 12 - he completed just over 900 minutes of football so 10ish full games.His father passed,away and unfortunately it didn't work out for him.

We only  got a one in three matches performance from Harness that had dipped to around one in five after the JTW. Problem is for a winger he can't cross a ball, the same for lardy boy  Curtis who I hope is next out of the door.
If you think Curtis is a Lardy boy, then I’m assuming you’re rake like.
Pages: 1 2