TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Thoughts on new season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I'm posting on behalf of the Port Vale forum, OneValeFan. Each season we try and get the views of opposing fans to run as part of the build up to games so, if it's ok, I'd like to ask you a few questions? If you have anything you'd like to ask us, or to post a similar thing on the Vale forum, feel free to DM me. Thanks!
1. How have things been going for your club recently? 
2. On the pitch - what are your thoughts on the manager?
3. Off the pitch - what are your views on the board/owners?
4. Any thoughts/memories of previous encounters with the Vale? 
5. Where do you think you'll finish this season?

Good luck with your season (except when you play us, of course).
Oh God, you’ve opened a can of worms here!!
Very well in the long term. Some fans are worried by the short term on the pitch, particularly as we had no stirkers until a day or two ago.
2. On the pitch - what are your thoughts on the manager?
Tedious personality over focussed on hi tech gizmos. This season is make or break for him now. The team is almost entirely his own signings. We look pretty solid now, he constantly tells us to expect fast paced attacking football so that is what we are looking for now.
Good owners, building a properly sustainable club. Hit hard by Covid. Finally rebuilding Fratton Park properly which is hard to do while playing games. Bought a training ground fro the first time ever. Have had to compeltely restart the youth system so must have been unhappy with the lack of quality. Big gap between youth and first team that has to be bridged very soon.
Not really to be honest. Always been a tough game on the whole, I imagine we must have played each other repeatedly in our sojourns in the lower three tiers.
Play offs but quite possibly with a slow start as the attacking part of the team have hardly had any pre season together. Gambling on a loan keeper and letting our own young keeper depart.
Pretty shit to be honest. Not many people who actually know about football in the boardroom. Same old mistakes being repeated by the owners. They are more interested in what your favourite film is than when the transfer window opens. Don't ever wish for American owners. They just don't get it.

The academy has gone to shit. The stadium is having the bare minimum work done on it to avoid closures of stands. The training ground has been purchased for the first time in our history but that's because they can make a profit on it by putting houses on it.

2. On the pitch - what are your thoughts on the manager? Out of his depth but very likeable. Works hard and talks a lot of nonsense. Prefers developing Premier league youngsters over our own youth.

Completely clueless. Talk a good game but when push comes to shove, view us a an entertainment franchise. A billionaire bought the club for his son to teach him how to run a business. He's not doing a very good job of it. One of the first things they did when they took over was to try and claim the word "Pompey" so they would own it. Tells you all you need to know about heir priorities.

None, sorry. If you're anything like Newport, the encounters will be rambunctious. Looking forward to playing you.

7h-12th
(18-07-2022, 03:03 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]1. How have things been going for your club recently?
Pretty shit to be honest. Not many people who actually know about football in the boardroom. Same old mistakes being repeated by the owners. They are more interested in what your favourite film is than when the transfer window opens. Don't ever wish for American owners. They just don't get it.

The academy has gone to shit. The stadium is having the bare minimum work done on it to avoid closures of stands. The training ground has been purchased for the first time in our history but that's because they can make a profit on it by putting houses on it.

2. On the pitch - what are your thoughts on the manager? Out of his depth but very likeable. Works hard and talks a lot of nonsense. Prefers developing Premier league youngsters over our own youth.

Completely clueless. Talk a good game but when push comes to shove, view us a an entertainment franchise. A billionaire bought the club for his son to teach him how to run a business. He's not doing a very good job of it. One of the first things they did when they took over was to try and claim the work "Pompey" so they would own it. Tells you all you need to know about heir priorities.

None, sorry. If you're anything like Newport, the encounters will be rambunctious. Looking forward to playing you.

7h-12th

Brilliant, only to be bettered by BlueArmy I should imagine.
Post your own response, if your attention span can handle it.
(18-07-2022, 03:12 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Post your own response, if your attention span can handle it.

Who? Me?
(18-07-2022, 05:27 PM)Valefaninpeace Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-07-2022, 03:12 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]Post your own response, if your attention span can handle it.

Who? Me?

No it wasn't aimed at you Vale
(18-07-2022, 05:30 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]
(18-07-2022, 05:27 PM)Valefaninpeace Wrote: [ -> ]

Who? Me?

No it wasn't aimed at you Vale

Sorry, not aimed at you Vale. PompeyG100 and I have rather differing views on our owners and aren't afraid of letting each other know it.
Hammie probably represents the majority view of Pompey fans (as borne out by our season ticket sales). Peds represents the noisy minority of hysterical drama queens who like to moan because we haven’t bought a string of Premier league stars.

Some of the queens are slightly more moderate but they’re all easy to spot.
Oh I say !
Looking forward to visiting Vale for the first time ever.