TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: New keeper signs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Josh Oluwayemi from Spurs
He played the 2nd half against Hawks.
I suppose this means Bass is definitely on his way 

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2022...or-pompey/
(19-07-2022, 09:26 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Josh Oluwayemi from Spurs

Maybe we've been going it the wrong instead of begging for the club to sign a decent striker we should've asked for goalkeepers. Since they seem to enjoy getting the opposite to what we want....
(19-07-2022, 09:26 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Josh Oluwayemi from Spurs

FFS another bench warmer
Been at Spurs since he was 12, played for England youth, now part of Nigeria's senior squad wanted, wanted by Morinho at Roma last season... sounds a promising enough acquisition to me.
Plus he’s a signing and not a loan, So hopefully one for next season.
Perhaps he can play up front as well
(19-07-2022, 10:05 AM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Been at Spurs since he was 12, played for England youth, now part of Nigeria's senior squad wanted, wanted by Morinho at Roma last season... sounds a promising enough acquisition to me.

So Griffiths is the bench warmer
If you say so Isaac. Tbh I couldn't give two shites who plays in goal as long as he's the best keeper currently at the club and the back up keepers are up for the fight and on board
But we have Steward. Anyway very pleased to learn you don't give two shits
One for the future.

He’s ours.

We might make some money.

What’s not to like?

We might get some money for Bass too, if he wants to go and if he’s as good as some say he is.
Just noticed this is only a 12 month contract, I assume we have an option on it?

Seems odd we wouldn’t tie him in to a longer deal if he is considered good enough and one for the future.
Let’s see how he develops first before offering long contracts .
Should've tried to sign Naismith
(19-07-2022, 10:53 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Let’s see how he develops first before offering long contracts .

Let’s say he does well and then signs for a championship club in the summer when his contract with us runs out?
club option for a second.
I guess nobody will want him if he only plays in the occasional Piss pot trophy game
No need to expose Steward to the rigours of men's football. Protect him for the future. Like Bass.
(19-07-2022, 11:46 AM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]No need to expose Steward to the rigours of men's football. Protect him for the future. Like Bass.

Ha Ha Ha Absolutely
DC only mentions Griffiths and Steward on the OS. Not a mention of Bass. Think that says all we need to know about his future at the club.
Sadly
(19-07-2022, 11:15 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-07-2022, 10:53 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Let’s see how he develops first before offering long contracts .

Let’s say he does well and then signs for a championship club in the summer when his contract with us runs out?
We hold the option of a further 12 months extension

Exeter looking favourites to sign Bass
(19-07-2022, 12:12 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]

Good luck to him I say
(19-07-2022, 12:34 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-07-2022, 12:12 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]

Good luck to him I say

Me too. It was obvious he was unwanted when Baz came in.  DC wants his own players which is fine.
The boffins at FLW think he's going to Exeter

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/portsm...-circling/