TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: We’ll done DC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So far 7 signings. Five of them signed permanently, one with an option to buy and one loan.
Keep it up we’ve now got a a decent strike force, a decent central midfield and a good (ish) defence .
Hopefully you’ve got the goal keeping situation correct.
Just need to strengthen the middle of defence, the wide right position and a third striker . 
Hopefully we should be more than good enough for the Play offs or better .
I thought Micheal Eisner was responsible for transfers?!
I don’t think he’s finished yet.
Yes, wheel done, DC
Well done to "the American twat and his mug of a manager"
It is quite amazing really that the Cowleys, have managed to shift out nearly all the Jackett hoofball dross over the ladt 12 months. (IMO Curtis with his attitude is the only exception).

With another 2/3 additions over the next 5 weeks we could really be in business, with some young talent waiting in the wings.

PUP.
Now let's see how the Poundland FC squad do a week on Saturday.
Give them a month or 6 weeks to get it together.
First games in this heat are likely to see a lot of nil nils!
We still are a long wait off competing for promotion with this squad sadly.
with a couple of strikers in now, I would have said this squad is good enough for the play offs. Assuming that one or both keepers are good enough, usually the promoted teams let in the fewest goals.
(21-07-2022, 07:30 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]We still are a long wait off competing for promotion with this squad sadly.

5/10 - you need new material
(21-07-2022, 07:11 PM)Cressers Wrote: [ -> ]Now let's see how the Poundland FC squad do a week on Saturday.

Well Cressage, if you get your harvest of CEC's in early and sold you could donate a few £m's to the PFC coffers for some better players.
(21-07-2022, 07:30 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]We still are a long wait off competing for promotion with this squad sadly.

Sadly, you are wrong BArmy Boy   - for someone with 300+ games as a lower league professional you really are clueless. 

p s. How did the training on Table Mountain go?
Feckin table mountain, he’s never left the plasticine table
I think he’s under the table.
I think we need a decent starting winger and then just depth and we're good enough for playoffs. Might have a slow start though.
We need another striker. At least as good as we’ve already got.
(21-07-2022, 05:06 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]So far 7 signings. Five of them signed permanently, one with an option to buy and one loan.
Keep it up we’ve now got a a decent strike force, a decent central midfield and a good (ish) defence .
Hopefully you’ve got the goal keeping situation correct.
Just need to strengthen the middle of defence, the wide right position and a third striker . 
Hopefully we should be more than good enough for the Play offs or better .

Except of course that our probable first team squad will have little match experience come Sheffield Wednesday.  This last minute preparation completely negates the purpose of preseason - to get financial acclimatised to your teammates.

The signings are a relief to be honest. I have little expectation for this season so anythings a bonus.
Lawrence , Not too sure about:- 'financial acclimatised to your teammates' , what are we talking about here - card games on the coach?

I would suggest they all do have considerable match experience, but certainly not together.

It will be interesting to watch the set up against the sky blues tomorrow !
(22-07-2022, 07:56 AM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Lawrence , Not too sure about:-  'financial acclimatised to your teammates' , what are we talking about here - card games on the coach?

I would suggest they all do have considerable match experience, but certainly not together.

It will be interesting to watch the set up against the sky blues tomorrow !

Comes down system and tactics now we have the players.
Other than Morrell, Hume and Reid none of our squad has missed pre training even Bishop would’ve been training at Accy. It probably be what tactics we’re going to use . I’d suspect going back to 4231 with Pigott in the number 10 role until Hume is fit to play wingbacks.
I think you are right ... and a front four of Jacobs, Pigott, Curtis & Bishop should be interesting.
(22-07-2022, 08:43 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I think you are right ... and a front four of Jacobs, Pigott, Curtis & Bishop should be interesting.

Things seem to be falling into place and the season is looking rosier now (I'm always an optimist). I hope we keep Curtis as I also think that front four looks pretty tasty. The defence should be ok with Raggers, Robertson and especially Ogilvie who seems like a good wine. Midfield looks strong too with Pack, Morrell if fit and ditto Thompson. Yeah, the starting 11 looks good with several younger ones as back up. All those doom and gloom merchants will hopefully be proved wrong and if we don't get too many injuries I reckon we could be top 6 or better. Happy clapper alert.
RE: the winger. It sounds like we're going to offer a year to that chap from Palace who got the assist against Orient. We also have Reid
I think we do need another right winger either the palace chap or one of the Swansea lot on loan. I think Reid has a role to play but he seems to injury prone , either that or he’s in the middle of a particularly bad run of luck. We need another CB asap in case of injuries and also I think we’ll shift to a back three with Ogilvie whenever Hume is fit.