TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Not a clue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
‘We’re going backwards’.

‘The Eisners have no ambition’.

‘We just can’t compete’.

‘Embarrassing’

‘DC hasn’t a clue’.

‘I’m not renewing my season ticket’.

V

The transfer window isn’t shut yet.
it was getting worrying, but now feels at least a squad that can push for a play off place.
You just have to look at who loved him, then hated him and now love him again.

Too many Corporal Joneses.
I've even bought some tickets for the first Tuesday game!
Admit it - we were lucky to get Colby Bishop. But sometimes persistence, hard work and a decent financial package pay off. So well done to DC and all concerned.
It's been pretty shocking from an organisational and planning perspective. We've got lucky getting Colby but we are still short of numbers and have spent an entire preseason with no strikers. The striker issue has had all the headlines but I do worry about us defensively.

Let's hope Danny Nicky & the ipad can get them gelled quickly.

It is a relief not starting a season with Marquis and Harrisson as your striking options though. Hope springs eternal.
Not sure it was lucky. Bishop has been DC’s primary target. Sometimes it pays to play the long game even if it can dangerous.
If they are on several thousand a week, then not signing them until a month later saves enough to pay a youth player for the season perhaps?
There was definitely some luck in Bishop getting binned off by Blackpool - he was set himself to go there (nicely missed out of yesterdays video). We may have been unlucky in other instances. We'll never know all the ins and outs. We all know how our transfer policy works. That Harness deal certainly happened in the nick of time. Would have been interesting to see where we'd have been if that had not gone through.

In an ideal world, everything gets done early. Just doesn't happen these days. Frustrating thing (for some - though clearly not all on here) is that DC says they've been planning since Feb 1 to get the ideal squad together and that still isn't done a week before the season starts. I'm sure we have enough to make a fist of the first few games but I'll sit more comfortably when we know who the remaining pieces are.
With Morrell doing a similar double about face last season, it suggests someone is impressing good players at some time in the process.
Don't you think it is a bit early to steam in with the wise after the event bollocks? We have the markings of a good XI now, but we have left it so late to constdruct this side, they've virtually fucked it for gelling in pre-season, so we will carry that debt into the league now. Yes we have signed two strikers but we still had to borrow players from Bristol in a friendly against Bristol to be able to complete the bloody game, which is totally dogshit for any professional football club in any league in Europe. We are also one or two injuries away from being shit again.

We’re going backwards’ --> we are still behind

‘The Eisners have no ambition’ --> The Eisners have no proactivity

‘We just can’t compete’ -> Jury still out

‘Embarrassing’ -> Still is, really

‘DC hasn’t a clue’ -> This one, I'll give you. DC has signed consistently well in his time with us

‘I’m not renewing my season ticket’ -> 1,500 people didn't from last year. That's 1 in 10 of the hardcore. Higher than expected but not alarming, plus we picked up 1,500 replacements

So whilst DC is doing well and credit is due and undeniably there is cause for optimism, let's not overcelebrate just yet. Keep going Pompey.
With regards to the Bristol game, did we need the players to complete 90 mins or was it for the additional time played which we may well have just done as a favour to them?
The TW shuts on the 31st Aug so we ain’t finished, we still have Bass and Freeman to sell and who knows maybe even Curtis. I still think at least another 3 will come in.
(22-07-2022, 11:06 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Don't you think it is a bit early to steam in with the wise after the event bollocks? 

No, I don’t.

A load of hysterical drama queens, shouting fire just because someone has opened a box of matches. The transfer window still has over a month to run and looking  around at our rivals, no one else has finished buying either.
We played the Bristol City players because it was two 60 min games and we were asked if we could give some of their players a run out as we didn’t bring a 22 player squad.
The relief is that we have a first XI now. We couldn't put out a team previously. That's not being hysterical, that's what the situation was.

We have to hope that piggott and Bishop settle in quickly. We have a lot of ground to make up.

We are in a much better position now than a week ago but it doesn't change the fact that pre season has been a shit show.

Excited for the season to start now.
I don’t think we have a lot of ground to make up. Pigott had been with us a fortnight now and played a couple of friendlies. I’m sure they work on tactics everyday. Bishop will have arrived match fit and I’m sure he has played in various formations with Accy, so I can’t imagine it’ll be too difficult for him to work out what Pompey want him to do.
I guess it's a sign of the times and money drifted down the leagues before the business end where clubs including us, scramble for signatures.
Nonetheless it's been a disaster of a preseason.
We have one game left and we have to hit the ground running.
Morrell's injury is annoying. It was with Wales and it means we are without arguably the most dynamic midfielder on the books.
Reid's injury is a setback and we certainly need pace and delivery out wide. RH could surprise us and make that his position. He can't really beat a man but he has pace and can cross better than Curtis or harness
I'm alot more comfortable looking at the squad now but don't think we are any better than 10th again
How has pre-season been a disaster???
You know full well why it has been a disaster you wumming coont Big Grin

But at least we are getting the numbers now. If we start well out of the gate, all will be forgiven quickly as there will be no debt to pay.
I don’t think it’s been a disaster at all, frustrating yes but not a disaster. DC has got the 2 strikers out of 3 he wanted plus Marlon Pack and the goalie from WBA , we haven’t had any injuries other than Reid. ( Hume is recovering from last season and Morrell got injured with the taffs). All in all so far so good you miserable old coont :-)
(22-07-2022, 05:30 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I don’t think it’s been a disaster at all, frustrating yes but not a disaster. DC has got the 2 strikers out of 3 he wanted plus Marlon Pack and the goalie from WBA , we haven’t had any injuries other than Reid. ( Hume is recovering from last season and Morrell got injured with the taffs). All in all so far so good you miserable old coont :-)

You’re talking about the transfer window not preseason.  A team building trip to Spain needs a team. Preseason is about fitness and the team gelling.
(22-07-2022, 11:06 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Don't you think it is a bit early to steam in with the wise after the event bollocks? 

No, I don’t.

A load of hysterical drama queens, shouting fire just because someone has opened a box of matches. The transfer window still has over a month to run and looking  around at our rivals, no one else has finished buying either.
Pre- season or the TW it doesn’t matter neither we’re disasters
Disaster??????? Why?

What a load of hysterical nonsense. Losing your best players to injury, just before the season starts, that’s a disaster.
Having your best players sold just before the season opener, that’s a disaster.

Buying better players and moulding them into a team is not a bloody disaster!
Having the expectation that maybe more better players come in before the end of the transfer window, is not a disaster.

No wonder fans of ‘smaller’ clubs take the piss, every chance they get. I am genuinely ‘ ‘embarrassed’ by some fans on here. Move over Sunderland RTG, TBA has got the situation covered.

Bloody queens!
Pages: 1 2