TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: stadium work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was buying some tickets to take the grandchildren during their holiday, Realised that I've not see an update for a while and would have been nice to see some pics as the Fratton End only has single seats again (a pet peeve of mine along with turning up for the Tuesday game and seeing whole rows empty).
Are there any more recent pics posted anywhere that anyone knows of?
Incidentally, the North lower seating plan now includes corner seats by the Fratton End
Yeah, somebody on TPF posted up some photos of the South Stand a couple of days ago that he took when he went to choose a seat.
Any chance of cross posting them here? I got banned on there for saying Marquis was a carthorse
Rightly so!

I know they’re only animals but they have feelings.
Starting to see some piccies and videos appearing now. The work looks really good. The North pretty much as I'd expected. The South Lower looks a far better views from the seats with a steeper rake, very neatly linked to the upper with the original design peeking through which pleases me if not everyone.
Still to see the areas behind the stands but if they are as well finished, it will be an improvement all round.
Credit to the design team and the workers for getting it done well on time.
Just seen the latest video  update on YouTube and got to say what a cracking job they have done in quite a relative short time. Lower viewing in the South stand has been greatly improved. Decided late to get a ticket for today’s game and now looking forward to seeing the old girl all dressed up.
And here's the video
Fantastic to get the work completed to schedule, and as promised. Remembering some of the sad corners that existed before - a remarkable upgrade.
It looks great. I hope they reseat the FE now because that looks a mess now that it is between two uniform pristine stands
Very impressed.. the old girl is looking remarkably refreshed and very smart. Well played to all concerned, including our much berated owners. PUP
I hope these new concession stands are well stocked and well staffed this season.
Whatever other gripes we might have, I have to say the owners and everyone involved in the revamp of the North and South have done a more than decent job. The summer rebuild in particular (assuming it passes its H&S test today!!) has been an impressive job.
Agreed, it looks much cleaner and less cobbled together.
Milton End scheduled next, already explaining how the work will start. Would not be surprised to see some updating in the Fratton End too. Behind the stand, it is very tight at busy times, can see remodelled concessions and some way to widen the milling space plus the Victory suite needs some TLC.
Now inside Ground looks really good. Pitch looks perfect of course. No excuse for poor performance today! PUP.
(23-07-2022, 09:49 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope these new concession stands are well stocked and well staffed this season.

Yes this CEO is out to get a bigger share of the "match day spend"
(23-07-2022, 02:09 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-07-2022, 09:49 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope these new concession stands are well stocked and well staffed this season.

Must have sensible,not greedy,prices though.
Totally agree
I always thought the South lower were the pits (pun intended), but now they look to be one of the top viewing spots. Well done all concerned

I'm pretty sure the club sell the concession, so get money from that, so the number of sales makes no difference to what the club makes.
(23-07-2022, 04:48 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm pretty sure the club sell the concession, so get money from that, so the number of sales makes no difference to what the club makes.

Hope they've upgrade the expectation of the contractor. I doubt some would like it but it would make sense to talk to other football clubs about sharing staff. Caitlin always said it is very difficult to get anyone to work a couple of days a month for a few hours.

With all the money the club has been spending on the concession stands there has to be something in return surely ?
(23-07-2022, 06:40 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]

With all the money the club has been spending on the concession stands there has to be something in return surely ?

I'm hoping that the quality I saw (and tasted)  at MK might be repeated with our new CEO
(23-07-2022, 07:06 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-07-2022, 06:40 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm hoping that the quality I saw (and tasted)  at MK might be repeated with our new CEO

I don’t think he does the cooking Hammie
Is there any figure for the capacity, prior to the Milton End work?
Pages: 1 2