TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Pigott,Bishop and Hirst
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How likely is that? It would be cracking front three and the Cowley's would have no excuse.
We aren’t getting hirst bishop and pigott will be one of the better striker partnerships I. League one. We need to get some pace down the wings
I think that's true. Who currently would play wide right?
Can’t see us getting Hirst, A) wages and B) probably go to a newly promoted Championship club. I can’t see us dropping Pigott or Bishop to the bench.
I reckon a Spurs or Swansea player on loan.
Add Alfie Rutherford, and I think we would have a great league one strike force. Can't see it happening I think we will go for a youngster to make up the numbers now. Hirst is dead in the water now, no way are we getting him..

We do look far better off then a few weeks ago.

What happened to Andre Wisdom. Not heard anything??.
Don't think the budget would stretch to that. Bishop & Piggott look like starters.
Mix, I think Thomas Terrell has had taken over from Wisdom, he played the last 2 friendlies
(22-07-2022, 06:07 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Mix, I think Thomas Terrell has had taken over from Wisdom, he played the last 2 friendlies

Thanks M8.

I didn't hear anything about him leaving.
Hirsts arrival is still perfectly feasible. It depends how much money is available for wages.
CB was probably funded by the sale of Harness and his wages are now off the books. IF George wants to come then we could still see him here on loan. It’s really down to whether a Championship club is interested in taking a gamble on him and whether Leicester see that as an investment in his future with them. They may well take the view that Pompey could carry on what has been started in his progression. I really don’t see what value there would be in benching him at Leicester. He needs first team football and other than a Championship club, Pompey are their best bet.

I would be very surprised if he came here on permanent deal.
Leicester have done virtually zero transfers to date. I believe they'd rather keep him & loan him out again unless they get a hefty offer for him. Pompey started developing the player last season &hopefully will be allowed to continue that journey.
Exactly
His career would be best served playing another season with us.
There's at least four players ahead of him at Leicester he'll go somewhere on loan...Hopefully here
(23-07-2022, 07:45 AM)WheresDave Wrote: [ -> ]There's at least four players ahead of him at Leicester he'll go somewhere on loan...Hopefully here

That would be great,
Who would drop to accommodate Hirst ? A player we’ve bought or a player we want to buy. If we did get Hirst we would have to play 2 up front to keep everyone happy. I
Depending on the opposition 2 up front at home & 1 up front away.
In an ideal world we'd have 3 strikers bearing in mind injuries, suspensions etc. I thought Hirst would have moved by now, it's all gone quiet unless I've missed something. Just read that Leicester are playing 2 friendlies today and George isn't named in either squad.