TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Today's team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Formation?
1 4 2 3 1
1 4 4 2
6 5 7
to start
Griffiths
Rafferty Raggett Robertson Ogilvie
Thompson Pack
Jacobs Pigott Curtis
Bishop
Does Jacobs play on the right? I can't recall him doing that much, they seemed to move curtis and take away his cutting in and shooting.
4231 is nailed on with the current fit players, and those 4 up front is the most attacking we can be. 

442 can't work without a fit right winger on the books because you either have to play Jacobs there way out of position or not play him at all. And not sure we can play three at the back with wing backs until Hume is fit.  

Hopefully we'll give the proposed first team an hour or so, then give the youngsters some much needed  experiece against better opposition.  The result doesn't matter, but the perfromance does.
(23-07-2022, 08:40 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]to start
Griffiths
Rafferty Raggett Robertson Ogilvie
Thompson Pack
Jacobs Pigott Curtis
Bishop

Almost right but Hackett will play instead of Curtis who will be benched. Pigott will be main striker with Bishop behind.
If Curtis is benched to protect him prior to selling then it would Jacobs on the left in place of Curtis and Recco on the right who can at least cross a decent ball.
I would imagine the first XI will be given a good 70/75 min run out before changes are made.
Same as Orient game Jacob's on the left & Reeco on the right. Both had their FBs on toast!
Jacobs on the left, Curtis rested to sell seems a good shout.
I would have thought we have a few options who could play wide right rather than as a right winger per se
Would not be at all surprised to see a trialist or two having a half each? Right wing who can also play central nippy?
I think a triallist or 2 ? might feature but it’ll be DC’s preferred XI ( that’s currently available) that’ll start.
You won't see Curtis today. He is in his shipping container now, just needs labelling and mailing
Has anyone worked out if we can listen on Solent / Express ....
Suddenly feeling like a bit of footie again
"The News understands, however, that the latest interest from abroad is from another country,"

Award winning standard journalism from our local rag there. Inspirational.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb...rk-3779389
Ah naughty naughty pedalo, you’ve done the classic tabloid thing there and only partially quoted. The previous sentence mentioned that there had been interest from France Ligue1(?), hence not France this time but another country.
Team just announced
Same as V Orient
Griffiths
Rafferty, Mnonga, Robertson, Ogilvie
Pack, Thompson
Recco, Jacobs, Curtis
Pigott

Subs: Oluwaymi, Freeman, Vincent, Hewitt-White, Tunnicliffe, Mingi, Bridgeman,Gifford , Bishop
No triallists mentioned
(23-07-2022, 11:58 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]You won't see Curtis today. He is in his shipping container now, just needs labelling and mailing

He's escaped!
He's booked on the evening ferry
He’s going to Blackpool but will be back in the side against Wednesday.
(23-07-2022, 01:05 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Ah naughty naughty pedalo, you’ve done the classic tabloid thing there and only partially quoted. The previous sentence mentioned that there had been interest from France Ligue1(?), hence not France this time but another country.

Maybe I misread it first time. Even so, though... lol