TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Sell Curtis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yer gonna be quoted on that first line!!!!!
(24-07-2022, 07:07 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Yer gonna be quoted on that first line!!!!!

That’s fine by me  Smile .

It doesn’t matter what any of us think, we are not the ones with the ultimate say are we?
Of course, you’re right but then that renders this forum pointless and no one is going to like that.
(24-07-2022, 08:41 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Of course, you’re right but then that renders this forum pointless and no one is going to like that.

It’s a good place to let off a bit of steam  Smile .
He did come out say he wanted to leave last summer.
Doesn't that show ambition? He wants to play at a higher level which he probably could and should.
(24-07-2022, 09:26 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]He did come out say he wanted to leave last summer.

To a championship club if one came along.  That's not the same as saying he wanted to get away. 

And he would have have been well aware that Pompey would want to sell if they got the money they were asking for, so that loyalty works both ways and he obviously thought he might get sold.  

And he turned down a move to France, so that showed some commitment to the club.  

How much he is worth now ? If he had two years on his contract left with his record he would probably fetch £1.5m but its only one year so his value will depend on who comes asking. If it's a championship club I still think £1m is possible, but otherwise it would be the same as Harness - about 750k. But he is an international, which Harness isn't so should be worth more in the market.
"I am 25, for my destiny I want to move on, I want to better my career. I am ready and will see where the world takes me."

Sounds like he wanted to leave.
Curtis has not looked quite the same without his mate Brown feeding him at left back. It was a big mistake breaking up that partnership. And Brown used to weigh in with a few goals too.
(24-07-2022, 10:23 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Curtis has not looked quite the same without his mate Brown feeding him at left back. It was a big mistake breaking up that partnership. And Brown used to weigh in with a few goals too.

Yes I liked Brown too.

A lot of people failed to see how valuable he was to the team.
I thought the combination with Ogilvie yesterday was very reminiscent of the one he used to have with Brown. 

He is good at workking with any fullback who gets forward, don't think it really matters who that is.
(24-07-2022, 11:00 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I thought the combination with Ogilvie yesterday was very reminiscent of the one he used to have with Brown. 

He is good at workking with any fullback who gets forward, don't think it really matters who that is.

I like Ogilvie too, I just think we ditched Brown too soon.
I would like to see him stay and I agree that the partnership with Ogilvie is developing and will be important to get the best from Curtis. Curtis is definitely far more effective on the left and hopefully there is no longer any need to play him in a more central role where he looks lost. Wherever he is he always tries 100%. A couple of early goals this season will, I hope get him going again.
Exactly that Herman, I mentioned, post match, yesterday that his more positive play was displayed when Ogilvie made some exciting bursts down the wing.
It would be great to get the original Curtis back - and, if he does not drift inside too much, coupled with Ogilvie's forays , then those days may
( hopefully) return !
I liked Brown but I think Ogilvie is another class above.

I reckon Curtis needs a good partner feeding him and I’d love that to flourish.

I’d be tempted by a million though.
(23-07-2022, 10:47 PM)blueandwight Wrote: [ -> ]We're just starting to drag ourselves to a half decent (if undersized) squad and now some are clamouring for us to sell our last remaining attacking asset. Those looking to get rid and condemning the lad are the usual suspects who seem to know little or nothing about the game.
The only thing I would say is that he is inclined to wear his heart on his sleeve but is that really such a bad thing? He is passionate about Pompey and scores goals and creates chances. If we are looking to win games he has been and continues to be a genuine asset.
The question I would ask our 'experts' is just how easy would it be to replace him with anyone with even half his talent and how much would that cost?
The simple test is to offer him and extended contract...I'm talking about a decent offer. If he turns it down then from the club's perspective now might be the right time to let him go but his departure would be our loss.

For me, Curtis has a bad attitude and is frustrating to watch. He is also greedy and can't cross or take corners. Glad he played well in the friendly but I've seen enough of him. We should replace him now that we have proven strikers up front. Sell him and get a replacement. As an 'expert' I would imagine DC already has a player or two ready.
We need players who can cross a ball
Pages: 1 2