TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: George Hirst, the last chance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Leicester have 33 players over the age of 21 and they have to whittle that number down to 25 before the season starts.
So, George Hirst (who hasn’t started a pre season game) is most likely to be sold or loaned out.

Where’s he going?????
(27-07-2022, 04:06 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Leicester have 33 players over the age of 21 and they have to whittle that number down to 25 before the season starts.
So, George Hirst (who hasn’t started a pre season game) is most likely to be sold or loaned out.

Where’s he going?????

Pompey, number 19 squad number.
All seems to have gone quiet, I wish I knew the answer to your question. Leicester had 2 games on Saturday and he wasn't named in either squad. I'd love him to come back but don't see it happening sadly
Do we need him? Who gets dropped if he comes back ?
DC wants to play 442 ( 4 at the back anyway), and also appears to want to use wingers. I don’t imagine either Bishop or Pigott would relish being ‘dropped’.
If I were Leicester or Hirst I’d be wanting championship football.
With injuries, suspensions we never know what will happen. I'd love to see 3 strikers here but I don't think it's going to happen
We definitely need at least 1 more striker. I doubt that will be Hirst but we definitely need 4 in the squad if aiming to play with 2 up top regularly.
I think we have moved on.
We have discussed being 2 up front, in which case we need 4 strikers
We’ve got 3 + Curtis, if necessary we can get another in January if needed.
Situation has changed at Pompey now. I can't see him coming here unless it is another heavily subsidised loan
We have got a Len Phillips and a Dougie Reid ,all we need now is a Peter Harris
If you listen to the BBC Radio Solent fans forum last night, Cowley conceded that Hirst is not coming back to Pompey. Cowley alluded that George is attracting a lot of interest from the Championship and even the Premier League. So lets put this one to bed shall we.
I forgot about the forum. That's something to listen to this evening.
Is it just me that thinks Bishop is a  better signing than Hirst would have been. 

Far more experienced and successful at this level for more than half a season, and a third of the price. 

Both would have been nice, but if only one was possible I reckon we got the right one.
Hirst would have been great, if the price was right. More potential upside being a couple of years younger and still developing.
Based on price, Bishop was the better option. Hopefully Pigott starts banging them in too and wants to stay after the loan.
(28-07-2022, 02:39 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just me that thinks Bishop is a  better signing than Hirst would have been. 

Far more experienced and successful at this level for more than half a season, and a third of the price. 

Both would have been nice, but if only one was possible I reckon we got the right one.

Not sure you can make statements like that until we see how Bishop does??
Hirst is a faster more athletic player than Bishop. 
I hope Bishop scores loads & is everything he was @ AS, but comparing the 2 @ this stage is premature.
(28-07-2022, 06:47 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-07-2022, 02:39 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just me that thinks Bishop is a  better signing than Hirst would have been. 

Not sure you can make statements like that until we see how Bishop does??
Hirst is a faster more athletic player than Bishop. 
I hope Bishop scores loads & is everything he was @ AS, but comparing the 2 @ this stage is premature.

Has anyone seen Bishop play an extended run of games?

I like Hirst. He disrupts the opposition defense and is great at creating chances. However, he has yet to prove himself to me as a goalscorer. If he could continue to put them away like he did at the end of the season, all well and good. My memories of the start of last season still linger.

He certainly isn’t worth more than half a mil
£2M is taking the piss. There's asking for twice as much but Leicester are trying it on for 4x.

At that price I wish him the best of luck elsewhere.

If they want a chat around £500k then we should be interested.
I'm with you on this one Slayer.

Like many George would have been my no 1 choice for many reasons identified above.

However, I cannot now see us pursuing him, unless we get an EXTREMELY good deal, which seems about as likely as STARMER making a policy decision !
Where has this £2M quote come from???
(29-07-2022, 03:25 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Where has this £2M quote come from???

Made up in the press or twitter.
Alex Crook