TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: New striker on loan coming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Spurs and England U19 Dane Scarlett on season long loan.
(27-07-2022, 06:11 PM)Robsquad Wrote: [ -> ]Spurs and England U19 Dane Scarlett on season long loan.

Has someone told Colonel White... Smile
Sounds like a decent youngster ... 

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-rea...-scarlett/
If true he could be a useful loan signing but only 18, can't see him ss a starter.
Unless Hirst falls into our lap no striker signing now is going to be a starter, Pigott & Bishop are nailed on for that. 

But we need backup so if true this kid sounds OK for that.
Sounds like a good addition to have on the bench. Spurs obviously rate him as their youngest ever 1st team player.
Be Great if we can still get Hirst though.
lets hope he can do for us what Defoe did for Bournemouth
Untried and at 18, I reckon he will come for nothing. But the presence of another striker at the club may get Leicester thinking twice about their £2M valuation for Hirst, so this lad might impact the squad in more positive ways than one
Remember how they talked up Azeez? Arsenals next big thing. Training and playing against kids your own age is different to being clattered by L1 CB.

Hope he does well when his chance comes. Not sure what it means for Gifford.
It means Gifford goes out on loan. The Spurs kid has played about 18 first team games for Spurs whereas DG hasn’t even played a piss pot trophy game for us.
A sensible loan. We can put Hirst to bed and DC can spend the cash getting a decent right winger.
Good luck to the lad. He is clearly highly regarded but he's going to find League One mighty different from what he is used to with Spurs and the England set-up...similar to Azeez I feel bound to say. There again what do we know; he might score twenty odd goals and lead us to promotion.
10 by the looks of it, 3 which were for less than 3 mins.
whatever happened to Harvey White?
(27-07-2022, 08:00 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Untried and at 18, I reckon he will come for nothing. But the presence of another striker at the club may get Leicester thinking twice about their £2M valuation for Hirst, so this lad might impact the squad in more positive ways than one

Agreed. 3 good months in his entire career to date doesn't mean you're worth a mil, let alone 2.
(27-07-2022, 10:18 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]whatever happened to Harvey White?

Kenny Jackett happened.
Can't see him getting much game time what with Piggott and Bishop in front of him.
Unless one of them get injured of course.
That’s what he’s here for obviously
Not to improve his game then ?
People on twatter make me laugh,the way they are going on I expect him to be like defoe was at bournemouth and score about 20 goals on the trott
> Not to improve his game then ?<
Hopefully when gets a chance but he won’t be first choice unlike some of the loans we get.
We talk about sending our nippers on loan to get good game time.
Seems prem clubs don't see it that way.
Going out on loan is good life experience for any young player, irrespective of how many games they start. 

Training and working in a different environment with different players widens their experience.  

Azeez for instance probably learnt more about himself by failing to make the impact he expected here than he would have done if he had played more. May just have stopped him becoming another arrogant big bollox premier player.

Scarlett may not start many games, but he will get loads of sub appearances and far more minutes n the pitch than he would get at Tottenham.
(28-07-2022, 10:57 AM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]We talk about sending our nippers on loan to get good game time.
Seems prem clubs don't see it that way.

Prem clubs are only interested in building value from youngsters they will never pick for the first team (eg hirst). And keeping them busy for a year or two elsewhere helps keep that status for as long as possible.
I hate loans.
However having said that and after reading up a bit about the lad, I can see him making an early impact if he gets the chance.
(28-07-2022, 11:07 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Going out on loan is good life experience for any young player, irrespective of how many games they start. 

Training and working in a different environment with different players widens their experience.  

Azeez for instance probably learnt more about himself by failing to make the impact he expected here than he would have done if he had played more. May just have stopped him becoming another arrogant big bollox premier player.

Scarlett may not start many games, but he will get loads of sub appearances and far more minutes n the pitch than he would get at Tottenham.

Is that what we are now then? life coaches to prem nippers
Pages: 1 2 3