TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Can't Believe It
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I can't quite believe it but I have just sat down to watch the Women's Euro Final.
Come on the Lionesses!
I've tuned in. Have they nicked our Wembley record?
I have turned the sound of.
That commo is spoiling the game for me. Non stop yapping
(31-07-2022, 04:18 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]I have turned the sound of.
That commo is spoiling the game for me. Non  stop yapping

Very true Isaac. More like listening to a radio commentary. Could learn from watching some cricket coverage.
So have I - wanted to see what all the tarts were getting hysterical about. So far, some of the worst refereeing I’ve ever seen (simple decisions - nothing difficult to deal with) together with a distinct lack of skill given, especially given these two teams are in a major final. Air shots and everything.

Distinctly unimpressed. As crap as I imagined it would be.
Have to agree Wanchor. First women's game I have watched for many years and though the level is better than last time I watched, it is still a poor standard both from the players and the officials. Having said that, England looking more dangerous in the first half so will stick with it.
I should add, being balanced, the one area I would credit them is their commitment. Full blooded. That’s great and something some pro male players could learn from. But the play is so confined, no positioning for an outlet, passes all 5 yards etc etc
Have to say a very good finish for England's opener.
Nothing wrong skill-wise, with finishing like that
This is all well and good, but who's cooking the Sunday roast?
I’ve quite enjoyed the game and appreciate the effort and talent but Dear God preserve us from the commentators who claim everything is ‘brilliant’. Someone passes it 2 yards and it’s brilliant. Not doing the game any favours.
It's come home, well done wimmin'

And the winning goalscorer whipped her top off as well, that should get the dinos interested
Nipped in to score then nipped out.
(31-07-2022, 06:36 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]And the winning goalscorer whipped her top off as well, that should get the dinos interested

Tbf I did feel guilty enjoying that
Shame on you all!

(Who won.......apart from the paparazzi?)
Well done, they did their country proud.
Well done the girls. Was impressed the way they controlled it after the winner. The football wasn't always the finest but as was said earlier you couldn't ask for more commitment and effort.
(31-07-2022, 07:12 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]Well done the girls. Was impressed the way they controlled it after the winner. The football wasn't always the finest but as was said earlier you couldn't ask for more commitment and effort.

They did their very best in representing our country. That’s enough for me.
When Kelly scored the winner I shouted "don't take your shirt off". Never dreaming she would. Lol
Still 2k short on attendance record.
It was exciting!
So much men's footy is no longer exciting- especially when they take their tops off.
(31-07-2022, 07:18 PM)JIMBON Wrote: [ -> ]Still 2k short on attendance record.

tickets were cheap as chips

Deebo

(31-07-2022, 06:36 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]It's come home, well done wimmin'

And the winning goalscorer whipped her top off as well, that should get the dinos interested

Most probably the best goal celebration ever especially in slo mo.  Big Grin
Football has not come home, that doesn’t count.

And I’m not sexist, the UFC main event last night was incredible.
England senior team lifts major trophy at Wembley. It doesn't get more home than that.
Pages: 1 2 3