TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: I have a feeling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm getting more optimistic about this season by the day. Really happy about our forward line and midfield and to coin Arry's phrase I think we will score more than they do. Think we are going to do what we did 40 seasons ago. 
Can't wait till Saturday.
PUP
40??????????

Oh bugger! Is it that long ago?
We will finish top 10. We aren't good enough yet for the playoffs.
(04-08-2022, 05:19 AM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]We will finish top 10. We aren't good enough yet for the playoffs.

Nothing like optimism is there?  Big Grin
Herman, funny you are saying that I am getting the same vibes about this season.

Time will tell but, one game at a time, and confidence will grow !
Didn't we start last season rather well.
Just saying.
We didn’t start well at all, we just somehow managed to win a few games.

Even if we’d lost on Saturday, I think I’d still have had more optimism than last season.
We won the first three games and then drew 0-0 away at Doncaster.

After that it went a bit tits-up!
And as it turned out, although I think we probably knew it even then, the 3 wins were all against relegation strugglers.
Top 4, hopefully automatic.
(04-08-2022, 11:03 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]And as it turned out, although I think we probably knew it even then, the 3 wins were all against relegation strugglers.

And we looked far from convincing, even then.
(04-08-2022, 09:01 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]We didn’t start well at all, we just somehow managed to win a few games.

Even if we’d lost on Saturday, I think I’d still have had more optimism than last season.

3 wins and a draw ..not well!. ok if you say so
(04-08-2022, 02:15 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-08-2022, 09:01 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]We didn’t start well at all, we just somehow managed to win a few games.

3 wins and a draw ..not well!. ok if you say so

4 good results that disguised poor performances. Then the results caught up. 

Anyhow, let's hope the 2nd half Pompey show up on Saturday. Lincoln are relegation fodder this season so we should be optimistic we can put then to the sword.
Unless DC feels sorry for them Big Grin
being able to cope with going a goal down away from home was not something we were good at for most of last season, or at home wither actually. We had a few complete collapses after a promising start, then conceding.