TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Hosepipe ban
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Comes into force today... presumably Pompey can’t flood the pitch with water before each half tomorrow. Or will they send the ground staff out with watering cans? Seriously, though, does it make a difference not watering the surface I wonder?
Does it cover commercial applications?
Ahh interesting... yes you might be correct there!
It should do if it's not essential. Watering the pitch is not essential.
(05-08-2022, 11:06 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Comes into force today... presumably Pompey can’t flood the pitch with water before each half tomorrow. Or will they send the ground staff out with watering cans? Seriously, though, does it make a difference not watering the surface I wonder?

I assume Portsea falls under Portsmouth Water-no hosepipe ban.
(05-08-2022, 11:17 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]It should do if it's not essential. Watering the pitch is not essential.

I’m sure the club view it as essential.
It doesn’t matter what the club thinks
(05-08-2022, 11:19 AM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-08-2022, 11:06 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Comes into force today... presumably Pompey can’t flood the pitch with water before each half tomorrow. Or will they send the ground staff out with watering cans? Seriously, though, does it make a difference not watering the surface I wonder?

I assume Portsea falls under Portsmouth Water-no hosepipe ban.

Yes it does,no hosepipe ban on the island
(05-08-2022, 12:05 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn’t matter what the club thinks

It matters more what the club thinks than a bloke on a message board.
You're correct - no hosepipe ban in Pompey. thanks for responses!!
Ah.I don't live in Pompey.
They use Sprinkler’s not hose pipes :p
now we're getting technical))
They use hose pipes up to the sprinklers. I’ve seen them.
Its a business so probably exempt anyway.
It’s quite easy to Google, sports events/ stadia etc are exempt.
I just got this email ref the ban on IW, so it looks like we get water from Scum Rivers. That sounds even worse when you write it down  Angry  

The hot, dry weather means we need to protect the River Test and River Itchen

[Image: 6133_drought_tub_restriction_emailer_v2c-01_620px.jpg]
[/font]
Fun fact - Petersfield and Liphook do not have a hose pipe ban. Why? Because it is bundled under East Hants, where lots of wealthy Tories with beautiful gardens live.
(07-08-2022, 01:23 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Fun fact - Petersfield and Liphook do not have a hose pipe ban. Why? Because it is bundled under East Hants, where lots of wealthy Tories with beautiful gardens live.

Those restrictions are not quite correct, what they don't tell you is that you are still allowed to water plants etc from any receptacle, ie: watering can, washing up bowl etc, you are allowed to fill a watering can from an outside tap with a short length of hose as well. 

For those who may have new turf, you can water it with a hosepipe if it's been laid within the previous 28 days of ban coming into place.
Think we'll all have bans this week.
Coventry City apparently need more than water to solve their pitch problems.