TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: We can but dream.......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
........that, at last this will be the season in which we get promoted to the Championship ....and thereafter are very quickly sold by the Eisners who are unwilling/unable to meet the financial demands of that league......and our new owners significantly invest in the club.....such that very soon after we take our rightful place with Brighton, Southampton and Bournemouth amongst the South Coast teams in the Premier League....
(05-08-2022, 06:34 PM)Pangus Wrote: [ -> ]........that, at last this will be the season in which we get promoted to the Championship ....and thereafter are very quickly sold by the Eisners who are unwilling/unable to meet the financial demands of that league......and our new owners significantly invest in the club.....such that very soon after we take our rightful place with Brighton, Southampton and Bournemouth amongst the South Coast teams in the Premier League....

Oooh do you think we can get in millions of debt and then go bust again?! What a ride that would be!
(05-08-2022, 06:34 PM)Pangus Wrote: [ -> ]........that, at last this will be the season in which we get promoted to the Championship ....and thereafter are very quickly sold by the Eisners who are unwilling/unable to meet the financial demands of that league......and our new owners significantly invest in the club.....such that very soon after we take our rightful place with Brighton, Southampton and Bournemouth amongst the South Coast teams in the Premier League....

If we're dreaming though, one of those went down  Smile

Twice. After our double in the Championship.
We should be one if not two divisions above those clubs!
...and - against all the odds - we win the FA cup for the third time.

...Bournemouth won't be there. Possibly scum too (we can but dream...)
We're definitely going to piss the league this year, because I've given up my season ticket after 15 years. Sod's law and all that.
Bring on the quadruple
The Eisners have made very realistic comments about the insanity that is Championship level football finance. One day English football (probably needs government intervention) will put into place something to protect the community asset that is most football clubs.
The prime thing would be to force owners to invest not "lend" the money that gets splurged on grounds or players. I would have made that by buying shares that can be sold on. Our owners have put it into the club full stop.
How many clubs built a new ground then went bust before they paid for it or sold it to some dodgy landlord and went bust years later owning nothing?
I know the champagne Charlie's who seemed to stop going to FP after our fall from the premiership will accuse me of having no ambition but I'm enjoying my Pompey life at the moment - No Jacket Ball, A manager with an eye for a player that we can actually afford, an owner that kept the club ticking through COVID and is now investing in the foundations of the clubs structure which does n't look as though it will go bust anytime soon. I'm not sure I want the roller coaster of big money owners running the club badly. I guess my dream is a sustainable club making steady progress where I can enjoy my pre and post match beer, an exceptional atmosphere on our day and some entertaining football. For me there is much more to Pompey than trying to buy a bit of success but then maybe I'm just not ambitious enough. See you all this afternoon - 3-0 Pompey.

I just don't think we have a 'rightful' place in the Premier league/top division, any more than the other south coast clubs.  If all the clubs that thought they had a rightful place in it actually were in it, the Prem would probably have to include at least 40 clubs.  What makes it rightful?  If it's the number of seasons already spent in the top division historically, I doubt we'd come that close to making the cut of 20.
Where would we come in a list of clubs ranging from Massive to Tin pot
We certainly have a fairly well stocked trophy cabinet compared to others.
Or is it based on attendance
perhaps it should be based on top lfights won whilst palying at your current home not some out of town max pack coloured your colour.