TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Newport County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Away tie in Round 2 of the League Cup.
What's the chances of meeting every Welsh club? Are they all still in it?
Swansea lost to Oxford on penalties.
Bugger
I remember freezing my bollocks off on Boxing Day, 2-0 down at HT having just watched Naesmith blast a penalty over our heads behind the goal with the last kick of the half.

We ended up winning 2-3 Smile what a game
gives us a more than decent chance to get through another round, some money to be made for players in January.
We went for a night out in Newport after a game back in the day. All I remember is the club we were in had the smallest dance floor in the world, and one of the lads got asked to dance by some geezer in a long black robe.
I remember the puzzled look on his face! Needless to say he had the piss ripped out of him mercilessly, we were allowed to back then.
(11-08-2022, 08:27 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]I remember freezing my bollocks off on Boxing Day, 2-0 down at HT having just watched Naesmith blast a penalty over our heads behind the goal with the last kick of the half.

We ended up winning 2-3 Smile what a game

Was that the game when Jack Whatmough scored and then demonstrated an appalling knee-slide?
No. I'm thinking of another game.

This was yours, Pedalo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGstDXYFEWw
Whatmough's goal was at Carlisle.
Weirdly the only time I've ever watched Pompey play Newport County in a cup game was this Tuesday - Portsmouth Museum's got free-parking, a cafe and toilet if you're early for the ferry, so in their 1940's living room display, the waxworks are watching Portsmouth V Newport, 1949 on an old TV, with all the goals. 

There's also the Sooty & Sweep show, and a well-spoken cat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfSJWwVaMcM
Bloody hell that was nostalgic
(11-08-2022, 11:40 AM)I Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]one of the lads got asked to dance by some geezer in a long black robe.

Sound like scouse was he playing a mandolin?
Probably had a light sabre, more Scouse's thing I would guess.
If it was Scouse of course.
(11-08-2022, 08:31 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Bloody hell that was nostalgic

There used to be a whole room devoted to Pompey on the top floor, but they don't seem to be using the top floor now. Anyone know what happened with that?