TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Cambridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(15-08-2022, 12:31 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]League Cup Rd 4, just over 13k in Fp,  Lost in Rd 5 at Rotherham 3.0
Two posts in a row featuring the same team and I hadn’t even read your post. What are the odds of that?
If we did beat Chelsea in 1960 it obviously didn't do us any good - we still went down that season.  My second Pompey game was against Chelsea in autumn 1962, after promotion from Div 3.  We lost 2-0 to Tommy Docherty's excellent young team including Bonetti, Venables, chopper Harris, Macreadie and Tambling.  Still, that was closer than the last game of the season against them, lost 7-0.
Yes Bubble only Lincoln finished below Pompey and they both went down. Interestingly there was a gate of 31059 on New Years Eve which was a Saturday to watch a 1.1 draw with the Scummers. The gate at the Dell in August was 28841, a bad day as they won 5.1
(15-08-2022, 12:50 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]Yes Bubble only Lincoln finished below Pompey and they both went down. Interestingly there was a gate of 31059 on New Years Eve which was a Saturday to watch a 1.1 draw with the Scummers.  The gate at the Dell in August was 28841, a bad day as they won 5.1
The 60’s were the decade where the ‘niceness’ of the rivalry between us and them disintegrated. The beginning of the football hooligan era
Yes there was always good banter before the derbies between both sets of fans but that is when it changed.
Cambridge beat us at fratton last season. Yet, we all know that was Pompey in transition. They would snap our hands off if we offered them a point now.
Personally I think Cambridge are suited to Pompey and with another big fratton crowd on our side we will run out comfortable 2 or 3-0 winners
(15-08-2022, 01:19 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Cambridge beat us at fratton last season. Yet, we all know that was Pompey in transition. They would snap our hands off if we offered them a point now.
Personally I think Cambridge are suited to Pompey and with another big fratton crowd on our side we will run out comfortable 2 or 3-0 winners

We'd best hope the players don't think like that!
(15-08-2022, 01:45 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-08-2022, 01:19 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]Cambridge beat us at fratton last season. Yet, we all know that was Pompey in transition. They would snap our hands off if we offered them a point now.

We'd best hope the players don't think like that!

We'll be ok. The Irish Messi has retired.
3-0 pompey.
In the mood and hoping to send a statement. Bishop with another 2 and Pack wonder goal to set the old girl alight tonight!
(15-08-2022, 12:34 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]The same negative thing’s said about Marquis could be said about Michael Smith but it would be fair to say he did ok at Rotherham

Actually I thought the two players were total opposites. Smith could play football but he couldn’t score for us.
2.0 Pompey for me
(16-08-2022, 10:45 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-08-2022, 12:34 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]The same negative thing’s said about Marquis could be said about Michael Smith but it would be fair to say he did ok at Rotherham

Actually I thought the two players were total opposites. Smith could play football but he couldn’t score for us.

both worked very hard
Might have been better to work a little less hard and save a little energy to stick the ball in the net
I seem to recall Yakubu or B??? being coached by Luther Missit to do exactly that.
Important targets for this, potentially, memorable season,

Instilled Confidence 100%

Complacent thoughts - somewhere around minus 1%

PUP
3-1, Curtis, Bish and Raggersssss
Just Curtis back in the only change tonight then ?
(16-08-2022, 01:40 PM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Just Curtis back in the only change tonight then ?

I thought he looked fresh and up for it, good use of him and the other forward types.
Pages: 1 2