TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: New away kit.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(15-08-2022, 09:26 PM)Ain’t got a Danny Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.toffs.com/shop-by-team/footb...portsmouth

Looking at those shirts it's funny how certain players spring instantly to mind 

For me....

The Fiat one is Micky Quinn
The red with two white stripes is Paul Went 
The 80/82 one is Billy Rafferty 
And the 1960's one is Ray Pointer (and several others actually cos that is my favourite all time shirt).
(16-08-2022, 10:38 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-08-2022, 09:26 PM)Ain’t got a Danny Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.toffs.com/shop-by-team/footb...portsmouth

Looking at those shirts it's funny how certain players spring instantly to mind 

For me....

The Fiat one is Micky Quinn
The red with two white stripes is Paul Went 
The 80/82 one is Billy Rafferty 
And the 1960's one is Ray Pointer (and several others actually cos that is my favourite all time shirt).

Mis-read the first one you commented on there DB. Thought you said the fat one.  It seemed right for the Mighty Quinn
I remember the white top with two blue vertical stripes with blue shorts if memory serves that kit always reminds me of Norman Piper.
Showing your age again
(16-08-2022, 11:58 AM)oi oi saveloy Wrote: [ -> ]I remember the white top with two blue vertical stripes with blue shorts if memory serves that kit always reminds me of Norman Piper

I don't think I ever saw him play but he was in my Subbuteo team! (With a broken arm)
Hands up who remembers Torchy. Butch does, makes him 70 if he’s a day
(16-08-2022, 01:02 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-08-2022, 11:58 AM)oi oi saveloy Wrote: [ -> ]I remember the white top with two blue vertical stripes with blue shorts if memory serves that kit always reminds me of Norman Piper

I don't think I ever saw him play but he was in my Subbuteo team! (With a broken arm)

Piper is in my top three all time favourite players. 

Privileged to have met him too, and he was a great bloke off the pitch too. 

And whilst we are are on the subject .... 

the goodmans one with white collars is Guy Whittingham
the KJC one is Andy Awford
the cheap fabric Pompey Centre one is Steve Claridge 
the blue TY shirt is Arjan de Zeeuw
the gold away version is Steve Stone 
the cup final one with too much yellow is Herman Hreidarsson
Bishops Printers will always be Gary O'Neil for me although it really should be Prosinecki.
Pompey wore blue as a third kit at Scum in 1975. If you were there you’d know.

Daily Echo link click on the photos and scroll through. Some are FAF. They’ve left out the 4-1s as their readers may not be able to cope.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/1786865...ugh-years/

Anyone else remember 74 and all of the Pompey fans who hadn’t been arrested for testing fire extinguishers on trains being in the Milton end at The Farm?
(16-08-2022, 02:34 PM)Ain’t got a Danny Wrote: [ -> ]Pompey wore blue as a third kit at Scum in 1975. If you were there you’d know.

Daily Echo link click on the photos and scroll through. Some are FAF. They’ve left out the 4-1s as their readers may not be able to cope.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/1786865...ugh-years/

Anyone else remember 74 and all of the Pompey fans who hadn’t been arrested for testing fire extinguishers on trains being in the Milton end at The Farm?

Plenty of reminders of just why I despise them! Even looking at that shit, striped shirt is enough. Just a poxy church social club team that got lucky once!
(16-08-2022, 01:11 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Hands up who remembers Torchy. Butch does, makes him 70 if he’s a day

Don’t forget Sarah and hoppity I can still remember the themes to both as well.

While we’re on the subject of puppets I do a bit of work for an underprivileged children's charity and they’re interested in your vast doll collection so I gave them your number 1800-Effeminate.
Think of the children mush.
A few years ago I was playing for my office 5-a-side team in a lunchtime league.  Imagine my surprise when a team new to the league turned up for our game in an old Pompey third kit - can't remember which one. So I naturally asked if they were all Pompey fans.  One of them shook his head and admitted that they weren't all Pompey fans.  I then asked how many of them were.  He sadly shook his head again and admitted that actually none of them were Pompey fans.  So why the Pompey kit, then? Well, it was the cheapest set they could find, came the reply.
Pleased to hear we were the cheapest and not simply trying to rip fans off
Pages: 1 2