TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Hirst
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(15-08-2022, 11:05 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-08-2022, 09:15 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-08-2022, 01:34 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Leicester have released and apparently waived any fee. It’s meant to be between us and Ipswich. If Pigott can play on the left then I’d be happy to sign Hirst permanently. 
https://therealefl.co.uk/2022/08/15/prem...eculation/

Just a point of order here but if you go on to the Leicester City website he is still there and hasn’t been removed.

that suggests to me that a move is in progress

The whole rumour was based on the fact that he had been removed from their website though and he hasn’t.
I only got the link as it was on my Newsnow feed. I can’t find him on the LCFC website but then again it only gives the first team squad. ( Haven’t looked anywhere else).
TBH if he comes he comes either way I’m more than happy with the 3 strikers we currently have.
(16-08-2022, 07:29 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I only got the link as it was on my Newsnow feed. I can’t find him on the LCFC website but then again it only gives the first team squad. ( Haven’t looked anywhere else).
TBH if he comes he comes either way I’m more than happy with the 3 strikers we currently have.

3 strikers is good, but if we are playing 2 up front, then we need 4
(16-08-2022, 07:29 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I only got the link as it was on my Newsnow feed. I can’t find him on the LCFC website but then again it only gives the first team squad. ( Haven’t looked anywhere else).

He’s never been in the 1st team squad.  He’s listed in the development squad.
(15-08-2022, 07:34 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-08-2022, 04:21 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-08-2022, 02:06 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]So all those urging the Eisners to splash the cash on him early in the window are proved dramatically wrong. Being patient has it's rewards. 

But to be honest I do not think we need him now .... Bishop is better and he & Piggott are both more experienced, and Scarlett seems more than adequate back up.  Can't see how we could accommodate Hirst into that equation so we shouldn't be too worried if he goes elsewhere, but going for a free is a big surprise.

If its the Hirst from Jan onwards we'd be mad not to try. 
Not sure Bishop is better. Hirst from Jan onwards was a superb finisher, he's also quicker & from what I've seen able to run the channels better than Bishop. Its no slight on Bishop, he's a excellent striker. But to have both would be fantastic.

I certainly don't remember Hirst t as a superb finisher. I don't remember him as a good passer of the ball either.
What I do remember was that he has the pace to frighten any defense and willingness to try and batter his way past any  centre half that dares to get in his way.
He would be a tremendous asset to the squad and would give us an option to play one up front, if needed. If one of our strikers gets injured, Hirst would be ideal as backup.

He gives us options. Sign him!
Have to disagree then regards his finishing & his passing & "battering" his way past defenders. The turn & swivel for his goal v Rotherham, the low shot into the corner from the edge of the box v Oxford. In the Rotherham game also he's done one of their defenders for pace on the touchline (not battered his way past him)& whipped in a inch perfect low cross for Harness to sweep home. The 2 v Wigan especially his 2nd, outside of the foot & curled past the keeper. All great finishes. And all v 3 of the best teams (2 got promoted) in L1 last season. 15 goals in half a season tells its own story imho.
Anyhow as you say if there's a chance sign him up.
If you are “eating what you kill” there has to be a bit of speculative investment, and it can help with future team building and finances. If you are confident in the coaching staffs ability to improve players, recruit players like Hirst, even if wages are higher than usual, and improve them. If he hits a twenty goal season he sells for good money, you just need to take the punt.
If we could get him, then, it'll be good business and good to sign him permanently.
We know what we're getting, and a 15/20 goalscorer will be worth something.
Unfortunately, his wage demand will be too much for us because of that, I think.
(16-08-2022, 09:06 AM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-08-2022, 07:34 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-08-2022, 04:21 PM)bluebollox Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-08-2022, 02:06 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]So all those urging the Eisners to splash the cash on him early in the window are proved dramatically wrong. Being patient has it's rewards. 

But to be honest I do not think we need him now .... Bishop is better and he & Piggott are both more experienced, and Scarlett seems more than adequate back up.  Can't see how we could accommodate Hirst into that equation so we shouldn't be too worried if he goes elsewhere, but going for a free is a big surprise.

If its the Hirst from Jan onwards we'd be mad not to try. 
Not sure Bishop is better. Hirst from Jan onwards was a superb finisher, he's also quicker & from what I've seen able to run the channels better than Bishop. Its no slight on Bishop, he's a excellent striker. But to have both would be fantastic.

I certainly don't remember Hirst t as a superb finisher. I don't remember him as a good passer of the ball either.
What I do remember was that he has the pace to frighten any defense and willingness to try and batter his way past any  centre half that dares to get in his way.
He would be a tremendous asset to the squad and would give us an option to play one up front, if needed. If one of our strikers gets injured, Hirst would be ideal as backup.

He gives us options. Sign him!
Have to disagree then regards his finishing & his passing & "battering" his way past defenders. The turn & swivel for his goal v Rotherham, the low shot into the corner from the edge of the box v Oxford. In the Rotherham game also he's done one of their defenders for pace on the touchline (not battered his way past him)& whipped in a inch perfect low cross for Harness to sweep home. The 2 v Wigan especially his 2nd, outside of the foot & curled past the keeper. All great finishes. And all v 3 of the best teams (2 got promoted) in L1 last season. 15 goals in half a season tells its own story imho.
Anyhow as you say if there's a chance sign him up.

He scored some crackers.

However, he missed far too many chances for me to call him a superb finisher. I’d love to see him pick up where he left off because I believe he could turn into the player you describe.
Pages: 1 2