TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Half time ramblings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We look bloody good. Just need to find a way past that last line.

Ogilvie doesn’t look anything special, in this side, but he looks very competent.

Curtis is playing ok but he doesn’t look like he’s quite on the same level.

Very impressed with Raggett.

Dale and Lowery are looking great.
Interested to know your full time ramblings. Was a nice cross by Reeco for our fourth by the way, would love to see him prove some people wrong this season
Looks like your gut was right Cunni. Glad to see the team hitting their stride. Cant wait for the highlights.
Thing is we are a few games away from fully gelling as well. Lowry I would say on that first half is probably an upgrade on morrell.
We could win the fucker with this side. Just need to keep fit and keep taking the game to everyone we play
Rubbish in the first 45 minutes, with no penetration, as usual. Then started moving the ball around faster than they have done for years, which continued into the second half. Good cross from Reeco, which was a goal as soon as it left his foot. Things coming together now. Thank goodness Cowley has dropped the tippy-tappy football across the back. If only he'd switch back to 4231, this 442 has no future.
Thought the original comment about breaking down Cambridge back line was spot on.
Once we did, we accelerated away from them and then went into cruise mode like a really good side.
4231 hasn’t worked for over 3 seasons, even most teams in the premiership have ditched it. 442, 433, 352 are made for this squad.
Even our asst manager under Kenny said that no lower league strikers can play one up front. We tried enough with decent reputations to know that's only too true.
This set up looks frightening for most defences that we are going to come up against.
Under the lights with the crowd behind the team Fp has witnessed some great evenings. I'd suggest that the 2nd half tonight was one of those special evenings. Great cross by Reeco for the 4th, glad for him. I am told Mason Mount was there tonight. No chance of him coming here of course, but would he get a game if he did ? Lol
I was nearly sold on Summer football tonight, but only at night under lights. Great to see so many young children able to come along during the school holidays.
Yes it was a fantastic 2nd half performance.

I was so hacked off after 43 mins and 20 seconds when Curtis went down injured  that I went for a leak and to get in the queue for a half time gnats p!ss and missed Magic Hats goal ffs.

That is the first time have ever missed a PFC goal at a match I've been to see ffs and I've been to hundreds of games...
(16-08-2022, 09:53 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]4231 hasn’t worked for over 3 seasons, even most teams in the premiership have ditched it. 442, 433, 352  are made for this squad.
The whole 5 subs thing really suits a squad like ours and Danny is making full use of it so far so fair play to him. It gives us options to mix it up and it keeps otherwise unused subs involved and interested. I for one (no pun intended) am happy with the 4-4-2 as I think it gives us a solid base to build from whereas 3-5-2 sometimes leaves you open on the counter attack when the wing backs are commited forwards. Danny seems to have got it spot on so far and as the old saying goes if it ain’t broke… (You know the rest). The whole Jacobs as a super sub idea seems to be a winner too. Very happy today anyway, onwards and upwards
(16-08-2022, 10:29 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it was a fantastic 2nd half performance.

I was so hacked off after 43 mins and 20 seconds when Curtis went down injured  that I went for a leak and to get in the queue for a half time gnats p!ss and missed Magic Hats goal ffs.

That is the first time have ever missed a PFC goal at a match I've been to see ffs and I've Bern to hundreds of games...
FFS Nightmare! Just don’t let it happen again ok
Until we scored I couldn't see what we were supposed to be playing. It was frustrating but give credit to Cambridge. They were effective and worth their lead.
The 2nd half however was one way traffic and the 2nd goal was coming, the third a calamity for them and the fourth, simply brilliant.
Pompey tore them apart at times in midfield. Marlon Pack at this level was simply ridiculous. He pulled everything together and is z shoe in gor player of the year already.
Bishop is making the runs needed and is going to get 20 goals this year.
As much as I was bemused first half, we'd have beaten any league 1 side on that 2nd half showing. Cambridge came to fratton after a decent start to the season and went home well beaten in the end. Outstanding atmosphere as always under the lights.
Good solid result.  Very good strikers score important goals, Coby Bishop's just before half-time was just that
Thought we tried to play a little too much football first half after going behind. 
We had effectively 3 strikers on the pitch and wasn't getting the ball up to them quick enough.

Second half, though, we came out and tore them a new one
Starting to feel confident about this team
I went down early to ensure a half-time beer, and so missed the equaliser. So I had two beers.

Interesting thought: might I have passed close to ex-term without knowing it? Scary!
Going down for a beer and or pie before the half ends is just asking to miss goals, statistically there is a high chance of goals at the end of each half.

The same goes for those who leave early to ‘beat the traffic’, something they rarely if ever truly achieve.

What’s the point in going if you are going to deliberately miss significant portions of the game?

Just saying  Big Grin .

Hope the beer was good enough to make up for it but I doubt it.

I thought we looked a really strong side and the omens for the season are very good. I thought Raggett did well to get the ball back to Bishop for the first goal and Reeco’s cross, as has been said, was a peach. The build up play for the fourth goal was excellent, the cross was perfect and the execution by Ogilvie (who I think is a great little player) was terrific.

Lowery and Dale look like inspired signings.

PUP
It was a regular ploy, especially in the premiership days. If we left for the early train there'd be an equaliser or winner. If we didn't, they'd lose. Disclaimer: this may be correlation rather than causality.
(16-08-2022, 07:53 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]We look bloody good. Just need to find a way past that last line.

Ogilvie doesn’t look anything special, in this side, but he looks very competent.

Curtis is playing ok but he doesn’t look like he’s quite on the same level.

Very impressed with Raggett.

Dale and Lowery are looking great.

Bloody predictive text!

Raggett should have read as Rafferty.

And just to clarify....I think Ogilvie is a fantastic player but he doesn't stand out now.
For me Ogilvie is a very good player. More than happy to have him in our team rather than against us. Couldn't believe it when he put tha 4th goal away. P.U.P.
(17-08-2022, 07:03 AM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]Going down for a beer and or pie before the half ends is just asking to miss goals, statistically there is a high chance of goals at the end of each half.

I went to a St. Albans game back in the day (against Hendon I think) and nipped off a couple of minutes early for a beer, was a couple of minutes late back out for the second half and missed three goals. The game finished 2-2 and I only saw one goal  Wink
(17-08-2022, 06:37 AM)scouse Wrote: [ -> ]I went down early to ensure a half-time beer, and so missed the equaliser. So I had two beers.

Interesting thought: might I have passed close to ex-term without knowing it? Scary!

I'll keep an eye out for a "Meff" with a hub cap as a hat next time ... Big Grin

p.s. North Stand Lower FE, I'll buy you  beer and give your smelly Scouse perm a wash   Big Grin
(17-08-2022, 08:58 AM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]For me Ogilvie is a very good player.  More than happy to have him in our team rather than against us.  Couldn't believe it when he put tha 4th goal away.  P.U.P.

He was my POTS last year and is a good benchmark for how well the team is playing because he is just so consistently good. If he doesn't stand out, you know the team has put in a decent performance.
He’s a minimum 7/10 player every week.