TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: We're fucking brilliant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Bump  Smile
HMS piss the league
Had a free Saturday for the first time in ages so went along. Having given up my season ticket in the Fratton End I was lucky enough to be able to bag two seats together (probably the last two available) in the South Stand.

Vast improvement all round from the last time I went. We looked sharp, passing and movement was generally very good, we exploited the space on the wings well and got into dangerous areas a lot. Also good high pressing when required. Most importantly I felt it was entertaining and I always thought we could score. Atmosphere was really positive.

South Stand vastly improved from the last time I was there. Seats were about three rows back and about 10 metres to the right of the opposition dugout. Plenty of legroom, great view all round and so much better without the drop off the pitch now.

However the season turns out it's at least not looking like it's going to be dull.
Top scorers in the league!
I see Marcus Harness is 8th Highest  Sad
I see Marcus Harness is 8th highest & Chaplin 12th
This is a championship winning side
I only managed to catch the 2nd half today but from what I saw, we controlled the game really well. I'm sure Cowley will be happy with how we were out of possession. We swarmed round Vale to get the ball back.

Griffiths still looks a bit dodgy. His distribution today was not the best. Hopefully he gains some more confidence as he gets more games under his belt.

Mingi looked really dangerous when he cam on and won a few free kicks in dangerous areas.

Jacobs took the piss and was really unlucky to not get a goal. Regularly sauntered past their players in their area.

I missed scarlets goal but glad he is off the mark.
Nathan Thompson sent off today too, so will presumably miss tge game next Sat
Was it for diving?
(28-08-2022, 03:27 PM)Kingo Wrote: [ -> ]Was it for diving?

Ironically the Derby player was accused of a blatant dive but Thompson was shown a second yellow.

Isn't Ben Thompson now playing for them?
(27-08-2022, 05:00 PM)Rocketman Wrote: [ -> ]Nathan Thompson sent off today too, so will presumably miss the game next Sat

Yes it appears he is suspended
Important win against a promotion rival today. Can't decide if we turned it on in the 2nd half, if they faded or a bit of both, but fk it, 3 points to HMS Championship
(03-09-2022, 05:05 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Important win against a promotion rival today. Can't decide if we turned it on in the 2nd half, if they faded or a bit of both, but fk it, 3 points to HMS Championship

Every game I've seen now, we seem to gradually work out the opposition and then win the second half pretty much, fitness a big issue too.
(03-09-2022, 05:08 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2022, 05:05 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Important win against a promotion rival today. Can't decide if we turned it on in the 2nd half, if they faded or a bit of both, but fk it, 3 points to HMS Championship

Every game I've seen now, we seem to gradually work out the opposition and then win the second half pretty much, fitness a big issue too.

Good use of the subs in the 2nd half too
And the blues go marching on on on
Funny how times and opinions change.
(04-12-2022, 07:59 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Funny how times and opinions change.

Form or opinions?
A good question. The two are related.
We have stopped doing the things that made us effective. Can we ship Danny some videos of what we did at the beginning of term so he can do some revision?
Can we get the players to stop being so bloody idle? Dale had a right rant halfway through the first half. Rightfully so too!

Where’s our press that was so effective in the early games?
I like Dale but his actual stats for assists and goals are not pushing his case for Blackpool to take him back.
We’re fucking brilliant needs amending to were fucking brilliant (now we’re shit)
I regret this thread
(18-12-2022, 01:57 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]I regret this thread

Oh, I don't know. There's a certain ironic humour in the title now.
Pages: 1 2 3