TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Griffiths v Bazanu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe early doors and all that but the more I see of Griffiths, the more I like him. He is lightning fast off his line - quicker than Baz IMO - and takes control of his six-yard box. His distribution is sharp and he seems to be as good a close-shot blocker as a long distance shot saver. I'm a big Bass fan but it looks lijke Cowley got that call right.
Absolutely nothing against Griffiths, but I quite liked the brief look of the back up goalie from Spuds . Hopefully he'll get a run out in the paintpot trophy.
He played the 2nd half against Havant. I’m sure he’ll get PJT games. From what I’ve seen albeit briefly I don’t think he’ll oust Griffiths.
(17-08-2022, 03:15 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe early doors and all that but the more I see of Griffiths, the more I like him. He is lightning fast off his line - quicker than Baz IMO - and takes control of his six-yard box. His distribution is sharp and he seems to be as good a close-shot blocker as a long distance shot saver. I'm a big Bass fan but it looks lijke Cowley got that call right.

Griffiths is looking OK, certainly a better fit for the DC system than Bass.  But IMO Bazunu was a lot better because of his strength and physical presence which just inspired confidence. He is also an established international player.

Lets put it this way, if Griffiths was sold tomorrow it would be for a lot less than 11 million or whatever Bazunu went for.
This season it will be a big advantage not to have established internationals who could go missing for a couple of months!
Baz is a level or 2 above Griffiths.
Anyway, let's hope we saw the best of Baz and he has an absolute stinker this season. Sorry, Baz!
(18-08-2022, 06:41 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, let's hope we saw the best of Baz and he has an absolute stinker this season. Sorry, Baz!

“Absolute stinker”? I hope he ships that many goals he damages his back picking the ball up out of the net!
Agent Bazunu is serving us well.

They didn’t learn from the Redknapp episode.
You can't teach stupid. You're not supposed to laugh it at, but look at them, how can't you?
How they've fallen away from where they were 6 or 7 years ago is quite startling. The squads they they had then with the likes of Lallana, Fonte, Schneiderlin, Lambert, Mane, etc, etc. They bought well and sold well and were really pushing on. They had that rottweiler Cortese in charge of just about everything, it seemed to start going tits up when he left, shame really!
Things always go in cycles. Nothing stays the same, good or bad.
Let's hope so.
I've had enough of nearly but not really