TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Hirst to Blackpool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Latest rumour. Funny how these things move in patterns
I wonder was that the reason we got Bishop???
This sounds very plausible
his agent is busy
It would explain both Appleton and the weirdness that surrounded the Bishop transfer.
Whatever, I'm happy we have got the best striker in league 1
I think DC always wanted Bishop and knew we wouldn't be able to afford Hirst.

The lad has not had a preseason in him yet.
DC did well.

Not only have we got the best striker, if this is true, ipswich have been led a merry dance after telling everyone that he was as good as theirs.

Oops, that's a shame.
Pleased if he isn't going to Ipswich, many of their fans reckoned it was a done deal
Just a rumour at present so nowhere near a done deal yet!
I feel for the lad. Hirst was giving himself a chance. This procrastination will only hurt his development. He was a work in progress
(18-08-2022, 06:12 PM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]I feel for the lad. Hirst was giving himself a chance. This procrastination will only hurt his development. He was a work in progress

although if he was made a free agent, it was his decision to make.
I liked the look of Shilow Tracey. There is a rumour.
So did I Cunny.
Big powerful runner that glided past a couple of tackles and drove to the edge of our area not once but twice
Something different to what we have.
Worth a cheeky bid , he's in his last year
Cambridge fans are half expecting to lose him and maybe Knibbs too.
I believe Hirst is signing a new contract with Leicester. Apparently they wanted a 7 figure fee for him.
Yep am extension to 2026 and a Championship loan
Hope it works out for him.
He certainly wasn't worth a seven figure fee.
Beginning to look like the story that broke about him being released on a free was a hoax. 

I'd have thought he was worth a million, certainly to a championship club, but I wouldn't be half as upset if we had spent a million on him as I was when we did that for Marquis.
Worth a million, on what basis? Does that mean any average striker in league 1 is worth a million if he’s bought by a championship team?

Ultimately, he was only average.
(19-08-2022, 06:23 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Worth a million, on what basis? Does that mean any average striker in league 1 is worth a million if he’s bought by a championship team?

13 goals in half a season is above average.

And I've already indicated on what basis by comparing him favourably to another league one player who sold for £1m.
(19-08-2022, 12:43 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Beginning to look like the story that broke about him being released on a free was a hoax. 

I'd have thought he was worth a million, certainly to a championship club, but I wouldn't be half as upset if we had spent a million on him as I was when we did that for Marquis.

As I pointed out it was based on him not being in the LCFC website but he is.
(19-08-2022, 07:44 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-08-2022, 06:23 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Worth a million, on what basis? Does that mean any average striker in league 1 is worth a million if he’s bought by a championship team?

13 goals in half a season is above average.

And I've already indicated on what basis by comparing him favourably to another league one player who sold for £1m.

A one season wonder(?) I certainly wouldn't price any striker with only thirteen goals over a season (he was here the entire season?)

And the player you compared him to did it over several seasons and certainly didn't get sold for a million after he left Pompey.  Marquis was bought at an over inflated price. 

Harness scored 12 last season. Is he worth just shy of a million?
(20-08-2022, 05:11 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]He went for just shy of a million.

Nah.
Well, he's doing pretty well so far, but the Bish just a little bit better.
Harness apparently went for 800k ( includes add ons).
Pages: 1 2 3