TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Griffiths
Rafferty, Morrison, Raggett, Ogilvie
Dale, Thompson, Pack, Jacobs
Bishop, Curtis

Subs:
Oluwayemi, Swanson, Robertson, Hackett, Piggott, Lowery, Scarlett
FFS One up top again!!...

442 working so well..

Bishop and Piggott all the way..
I think Curtis is up top today!
I’m not sure making changes every game regardless of the previous result is a good idea but we’ll see. He has a decent squad and maybe he’s still looking at options before deciding on best eleven. For me Curtis is a left winger end of story tbh.
Bizzare playing Curtis up top. It's never worked.

Hopefully I can come back and lose face...
(20-08-2022, 01:54 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]Bizzare playing Curtis up top. It's never worked.

Definitely not a striker. Definitely not a right winger. Definitely a left winger.
Some really lovely play from us leading up to the goal. It felt inevitable it would come.

Crowd sounds fantastic too.
How have we not won that game 10-0?
How did it not end up 2-2?

An incredibly enjoyable game to watch. Plenty of lessons to be learned by the team & manager. Plenty to be positive about. I think we played the best football since being in L1 today.
Really good game today. Deserved the win but was beginning to fear it wouldn't come. Tractor Boys and Posh both had big wins with Sheff Weds also winning away. Top of the table is already looking like it will be a great battle with many of the biggest clubs starting well. Good job we have such a great squad this season as it will be a real achievement to get promoted from such a strong division. For all those who moan about Lge 1, this was a great advert for it and we played some really excellent football
Can't understand for the life of me why he started Curtis up top. We got out of jail really with the pen, I wish he'd just play Curtis on the left and swap him for Jacobs later on, or vice versa. Piggot and Bishop are the main strikers with Scarlett. Odd team choice. Thank god it didn't backfire.
Ridiculous defending from Raggett, row Z next time. Lowery and Dale looked very good, Rafferty and Ogilvie excellent. Slightly worried that we didn't put away the numerous chances we had but all turned out ok.
I'm not a fan of Curtis as a striker. We have other better options.
Rovers started well but soon fell into the 'can't get out of our half' once Pompey had worked out where the space was.
It took me ages to work out what Barton was doing. As a rover fan I'd of been doing my nut about how much space we were getting out wide.
Unlike Cambridge, pompey started and were regularly getting sights of goal and taking on the chances that were falling to them.
How Rovers reached half time with 11 men and only 1 goal down I don't know!
I can only think that Thompson tried to put himself between the player and ball as the rover player was making his tackle. Otherwise that was a straight red for me.
The 2nd half was much the same accept that Rovers were taking heart that they were still in the game.
Their goal came out the blue and gave them an extra energy in their steps. Having said that the substitutions made went to work. Was it a pen. All I'll say is, if that was, what happened two mins later most certainly was. Rovers will probably claim, they were good for one if not all 3 points. What I'd say is bollocks. They lost that game over 90 minutes and beaten by a much better side in Pompey.
We move on, it's actually great play by pompey today but let's be honest we need to start scoring earlier.
Having said that, that's a moan and the team don't deserve that but there you go
Ogilvie is proving to be a player who may rival Pack for PotY
BBC saying it's a suspected broken leg for Thommo. Really hope not for his sake as much as the team's. From a team point of view, thank god for the quality of the squad we have now. Plenty of midfield cover.
(20-08-2022, 01:04 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: [ -> ]FFS One up top again!!...

442 working so well..

Bishop and Piggott all the way..

Surely it was4231.
If it is a broken leg it could be career ending for Thompson, he came here fro Norwich after a really bad leg injury.
Really hope I’m wrong .
Well they got away with it. Why switch to 4231, when 442 was working fine. Plenty of possession and no chances in open play. When switching to 442, why bring on Scarlett, who can't handle the man's game, rather than Pigott who is an out and out goal poacher? Why didn't he start? There will be other games when they don't get away with it.
(20-08-2022, 05:15 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Well they got away with it. Why switch to 4231, when 442 was working fine. Plenty of possession and no chances in open play. When switching to 442, why bring on Scarlett, who can't handle the man's game, rather than Pigott who is an out and out goal poacher? Why didn't he start? There will be other games when they don't get away with it.

Don't agree Scarlett can't handle the man's game. Don't think at this stage of his development he will be as consistent as he will become but he puts the fear of god into Cambridge and is an excellent loan signing.
(20-08-2022, 05:15 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Well they got away with it. Why switch to 4231, when 442 was working fine. Plenty of possession and no chances in open play. When switching to 442, why bring on Scarlett, who can't handle the man's game, rather than Pigott who is an out and out goal poacher? Why didn't he start? There will be other games when they don't get away with it.

We didn't switch to 4231 at any time today.  

And WALOB about Scarlett - he has done well every time he has played, and did well again today other than not reaching that header. Brilliant bit of unselfish play for the third. 

All the subs did well ... probably Reeco the most significant, his energy swung the game back our way at a time we were looking a bit lost after their equaliser against the run of play.
It sure looked like 4231 to me, and they always looked short when the ball came across the box.
If it is a broken leg it could be career ending for Thompson, he came here fro Norwich after a really bad leg injury.
Really hope I’m wrong .
I think we are being incredibly hard on Curtis. He did a very good job today and was central to everything we did attack wise.The crowd around us certainly gave him a good reception when he was subbed as he was knackered.
Jacobs had one of those days when he struggled to impact the game I would have taken him off half an hour before we did.
Scarlett looked what he is, a very raw talent who is learning how to play in the man's game. But he made a real nuisance of himself and some good interventions. I would wonder how much heading he did in the youth game?
We played 2 up front, but the strikers took turns coming short or closing down and that did leave us short when the ball went into the box on several occasions.
Reeko impressed me again, he looks the best sub we've had for a while.
We never played 4231 or 4321, it was 442 all game . The first half possession and work rate was fantastic but we needed the second goal. Raggett slack
of footballing skills came to harm us again, ( note to Raggett , you’re not a footballer you’re a stopper and clear defender).
Curtis up front worked for a while but with BR snuffing our Bishop we were lightweight.
We do need a left winger asap to give us more strength/ definition down that flank.
Ogilvie Pack Lowery where immense again.
It’s looking good and hopefully ‘we’re on our way’.
We have 3 strikers at the club 2 who haven’t played that many minutes, why are we playing a winger in a front 2? For me, this tinkering could be our downfall again.

Curtis did ok but he is not a striker and I can’t see any reason for playing him there today.
(20-08-2022, 01:54 PM)Jizbag Wrote: [ -> ]Bizzare playing Curtis up top. It's never worked.

You lost face one here when you admitted you watch on ifollow, don't go to games, and are a skinhead withca goatee  Big Grin
(20-08-2022, 05:27 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

We didn't switch to 4231 at any time today.  

And WALOB about Scarlett - he has done well every time he has played, and did well again today other than not reaching that header. Brilliant bit of unselfish play for the third. 

All the subs did well ... probably Reeco the most significant, his energy swung the game back our way at a time we were looking a bit lost after their equaliser against the run of play.
I

Well on the north stand lower fe the general thinking was it was  an attempted shot by Scarlett rather than unselfish play  

The credit goes to Dale for anticipating it and getting his noddle on it.
Nah, definite cross IMO. 

And I'm on the North Lower and heard no-one suggest otherwise.
Pages: 1 2