TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Barton lashes out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can you believe this puerile, bully-boy excuse for a professional sportsman? 
Congratulations to Danny Cowley for not getting drawn into a verbal battle with this imbecile.

According to Barton: "I felt the referee was really poor today for us. Every decision, he decided to give to them and I think it stems out of the nonsense from the manager and the assistant. I was in the stand and I could hear them trying to get Glenn Whelan sent off for a competitive tackle on the edge of the touchline.  They are screaming and jumping up and maybe it’s because they never played football."
From where I was it looked like Thompson did himself. Don't like Barton. But our managers are going to collect a lot of cards if they carry on like Tuesday and today.
That's rich coming from Barton. Can't stand him, so glad he's not our manager and never will be
(20-08-2022, 06:36 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]From where I was it looked like Thompson did himself. Don't like Barton. But our managers are going to collect a lot of cards if they carry on like Tuesday and today.

I hope Cowley carries on with not lowering himself to Barton's level.
(20-08-2022, 06:53 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(20-08-2022, 06:36 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]From where I was it looked like Thompson did himself. Don't like Barton. But our managers are going to collect a lot of cards if they carry on like Tuesday and today.

I hope Cowley carries on with not lowering himself to Barton's level.

Talking of which, I love the video of him warming up with the mascots today!
Not sure if this link will work cos it's on Twitter but it shows what a  class act he is

https://twitter.com/Pompey/status/156098...frame.html
Yes it works tks Gerry
incidentally on the Gas local news, Cowley said that Thompson was tackled and then caught his studs in the turf making what was a hard tackle into a bad injury.

I saw the same thing from the Fratton end. His foot seemed to get caught in the grass. It clearly wasn't intentional but Barton likes to work up his players so it's no surprise to see people getting hurt. 

Barton turned Fleetwood into a bunch of animals and he's well on the way to doing the same thing to rovers. Glad it didn't work this time. Barton's comments about our management team not being ex-footballers lacked class as usual. Kicking the krap of the opponents only gets you so far and usually depends on whether the referee let's it happen.

From the FE, it looked like a clear pen for rovers but I can't honestly remember the last time when such a key decision went our way. About time. It would've have been a travesty gad rovers got anything from the game.
Nice family the Barton’s... good grief.
Fuck Barton and the horse he rode in on. Music to my ears hearing him lash out. I've not seen a more one-sided game in a long time. Danny pulled your pants down Joey.
I see Pack had a go at him at the final whistle. The stats tell it all, 12 corners to their 2 and almost three times as many shots. One sided match.
(21-08-2022, 04:37 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]I see Pack had a go at him at the final whistle. The stats tell it all, 12 corners to their 2 and almost three times as many shots. One sided match.

Don't forget the other telling stat for Rovers - five yellow cards.
I see Barton is worried about his squad size, moaning about having to substitute players so they don't get burnt out. He should be more concerned about the number of suspensions he is going to clock up with his irresponsible 'be ready for war' rhetoric.
Such a gracious loser, ain't he?
It was nice of him to ask how Thompson was, and hoped he wasn't too bad.
Thompson tried to put his body between the ball and the player. Yes the challenge was reckless but he put himself in there. Looks like studs may have bit in. Freak injury in my book, despite the reputations of Wheelan and Barton.
(20-08-2022, 08:31 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Nice family the Barton’s... good grief.

Dick Barton Special agent . for those of a certain age
(21-08-2022, 10:09 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Thompson tried to put his body between the ball and the player. Yes the challenge was reckless but he put himself in there. Looks like studs may have bit in. Freak injury in my book, despite the reputations of Wheelan and Barton.

It may well of been an accidental or reckless, either way Barton knew Thompson was hurt badly he received oxygen and was stretchered off.
Not even to wish him well, as a former player himself, during that interview was poor even by his standards.
Barton and Whelan both bad guys and bad losers. Whelan very reluctant to shake hands at the final whistle.
(21-08-2022, 06:22 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-08-2022, 04:37 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]I see Pack had a go at him at the final whistle. The stats tell it all, 12 corners to their 2 and almost three times as many shots. One sided match.

Don't forget the other telling stat for Rovers - five yellow cards.
I see Barton is worried about his squad size, moaning about having to substitute players so they don't get burnt out. He should be more concerned about the number of suspensions he is going to clock up with his irresponsible 'be ready for war' rhetoric.

The other telling stat being the 3-1 scoreline
I see he's tearing into the coaching credentials of Cotterill this week just because the pillock couldn't break down an organised Shrewsbury side.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/foot...wn-7518752
'Free flowing like Barcelona last year' - must have missed that!!
Ah Cotterill. Wasn't he the one who dumped Ritchie and Pack
Why is this thread still going? This chap was two games ago.
It's a hate thing
I don't hate him, I actually quite like him even, if he does say and do some naughty things.

*Btw what is the official time limit for responding to old threads?
Pages: 1 2