TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Thompson leg break confirmed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Double fiblia fracture apparently which is what DC thought but there's also concern he has damaged ankle joints as well. Obviously finished for this season but I only hope it's not career-ending.
(22-08-2022, 10:30 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: [ -> ]Double fiblia fracture apparently which is what DC thought but there's also concern he has damaged ankle joints as well. Obviously finished for this season but I only hope it's not career-ending.

Is Louis still on a pay per game contract? I hope the club stick by him financially anyway.
I thought he signed a permanent contract at the end of the season.
Yes Pompey took up a 1 year option on his contract in May. Best wisthes Thommo for a full recovery
Very best wishes for a total recovery - we shall miss him.
He could be back within weeks, not months, dependent on his scan results.

The fact the breaks are to his non weight-bearing bone in his leg is positive.

He has a double fracture of the fibula, which is the non weight-bearing bone.

The tibia is the weight bearing bone.

He could be back by November best case.
He will certainly be getting the best treatment and recovery plan , so we hope for the best.
How was that tackle that wrecked him not a red card?
(22-08-2022, 01:52 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote: [ -> ]How was that tackle that wrecked him not a red card?

Because it wasn't that bad a tackle. He caught his studs in the grass which twisted his leg and caused the break.
(22-08-2022, 12:27 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]He could be back within weeks, not months, dependent on his scan results.

Fingers crossed & let's hope his ankle is Not badly damaged.
is it possible that the new composite pitches allow studs to get stuck harder?
Perhaps on a muddy heap a huge divot would allow the leg to move instead?
It's not the first long term injury caused by the artificial area used by the linespersons. I don't recall who the others were.
(22-08-2022, 12:27 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]He could be back within weeks, not months, dependent on his scan results.

So months then, not weeks.....best case.

A medical practitioner AND a Structural Engineer!!

Will it never end?
"He's only a poor little scummer ........"
(22-08-2022, 03:50 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]It's not the first long term injury caused by the artificial area used by the linespersons. I don't recall who the others were.

Tareiq Holmes-Dennis only lasted 39 mins of his debut for us when on loan from Huddersfield and missed the rest of the 2017/2018 season. He went on to play 22 games for Bristol Rovers over two seasons but retired at 24 years saying how he slipped on the same artificial area for the career ending injury
Whether November represents weeks or months I read today of some player abroad who broke his leg yesterday and is now a 'doubt' for the World Cup which is also November. So here's hoping for the best for LT.
Best wishes Thommo...
(22-08-2022, 05:17 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-08-2022, 03:50 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]It's not the first long term injury caused by the artificial area used by the linespersons. I don't recall who the others were.

Tareiq Holmes-Dennis only lasted 39 mins of his debut for us when on loan from Huddersfield and missed the rest of the 2017/2018 season. He went on to play 22 games for Bristol Rovers over two seasons but retired at 24 years saying how he slipped on the same artificial area for the career ending injury

Thanks. Was there another one, or is my memory failing?
(22-08-2022, 06:33 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]
(22-08-2022, 05:17 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks. Was there another one, or is my memory failing?

He's the only one I can recall
(22-08-2022, 05:22 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Whether November represents weeks or months I read today of some player abroad who broke his leg yesterday and is now a 'doubt' for the World Cup which is also November. So here's hoping for the best for LT.

I doubt even if he were fit by November, he would be fir enough and match fit to earn a place in a tournament squad. Feeling his way back for minutes in the midweek cup matches perhaps. Especially the way he plays.
I’m sure you’re right with that. Just glad that he might be back playing sooner(ish) than much later!