TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Team for Newport ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looks like at least six changes from Saturday, and Robbo and Joe M should be straining on the leash to get going this season. PUP
(22-08-2022, 12:28 PM)firqdays Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like at least six changes from Saturday, and Robbo and Joe M should be straining on the leash to get going this season. PUP

I'd expect it to be something like ..... 

Griffiths
Swanson Mnoga Robertson Hume 
Dale Morrell Pack (or Mingi) Hackett
Pigott Scarlett
Yes, a good opportunity to ease in the players coming back to fitness. Genuinely don't care what the score is (although I think we will win). Would much prefer us to use it to bring players up to speed.
Griff
Swanson Mnoga Roobo Hume
Recco Morrell Mingi Pigott
Bish Scarlett

Unless he wants to play a few nippers
I'd maybe put Curtis on the left and see if he can strike up a pairing with Hume
Oluweyami
Swanson Mnoga Robertson Hume
Dale Morrell Mingi Hackett
Pigott Scarlett
A good chance to earn some cash for the January window if we take it reasonably seriously. Definitely rest Curtis as he looks so much better when a bit rested. Piggot to get a start, mingi too as we need to sort the midfield out in Thompson's absence.
(22-08-2022, 07:25 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]A good chance to earn some cash for the January window if we take it reasonably seriously. Definitely rest Curtis as he looks so much better when a bit rested. Piggot to get a start, mingi too as we need to sort the midfield out in Thompson's absence.

Mingi will play at least part of the game and will no doubt continue to get more minutes from the bench as the season progresses , but the primary solution to Thompson's absence is surely any one of Lowery or Morrell to play alongside Pack.
Got to give our own keeper a game surely.
(22-08-2022, 07:25 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]A good chance to earn some cash for the January window if we take it reasonably seriously. Definitely rest Curtis as he looks so much better when a bit rested. Piggot to get a start, mingi too as we need to sort the midfield out in Thompson's absence.

Very little money to be earned from this unless we get drawn against one of the really big clubs
(23-08-2022, 10:44 AM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Got to give our own keeper a game surely.

Olumayemi is only on a one year contract, so no different from Griffiths really.

He'll almost certainly play in the Papa Johns next week, but I doubt he'll play tonight.
(23-08-2022, 11:11 AM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]

Very little money to be earned from this unless we get drawn against one of the really big clubs

not talking so much about tonight clearly, but a game away or home on a Tuesday to a big draw would help.
Kenny made a lot of money from cup runs, sadly his big signings did not really come off, Harness probably got his money back.
(23-08-2022, 11:57 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-08-2022, 10:44 AM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Got to give our own keeper a game surely.

Olumayemi is only on a one year contract, so no different from Griffiths really.

He'll almost certainly play in the Papa Johns next week, but I doubt he'll play tonight.

So on that point, does it mean next season we have to find 2 new keepers.
(23-08-2022, 03:13 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-08-2022, 11:57 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]

So on that point, does it mean next season we have to find 2 new keepers.

Yes, although on checking Pfc can take up a 1 year option next summer to extend to 2024
Yes, we have an option but the player does not have to take that option and can walk at the end of the season if he wants to.  

Equally we could offer Griffiths something next season too. 

There is a difference between the two of course, but that difference in pratical terms is marginal.
I wonder how he feels about leaving Spurs for more game time and being pushed out for a loanee? Warming up Saturday he looked about as happy as Bass did when he got dropped in the middle of last season.
(23-08-2022, 05:01 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder how he feels about leaving Spurs for more game time and being pushed out for a loanee? Warming up Saturday he looked about as happy as Bass did when he got dropped in the middle of last season.

Spurs had let him go, so he was out of contract and jobless when we signed him. 

I very much doubt he was expecting to be first choice, Griffiths was already here so he must have known he was being signed as a replacement for Bass who was being allowed to go.
K.O. Delayed until 7.55 p.m. Pompey fans still trying to get in the ground.

Sounds like loads have gone up there.

Glenn Little on the radio with Andy but don't remember him ever playing for us.

Sounds a nice enthusiastic knowledgeable guy.
He was a tall winger in the Prem days. I think he played against AC Milan.
O.k. I think he said he also played for Burnley.

Really good commentator & if Guy's not available they need to use him.
Only 8 games for Pompey.
most remembered for Burnley was a bit of a talisman for them from memory
Yes he played loads for Burnley and for Reading too in 3 spells there
He was a talented sick note who we took on loan from Reading for a spell, and surprise surprise he was injured for most of it.
A really good player who we never got the chance to see the best off.
Pages: 1 2