TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Time to reset expectations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Play offs would be an achievement
Maybe but equally just about all the teams around us. Oxford look to be in with a more than decent shout of the automatics the way the rest of us are throwing points away.
(16-02-2021, 09:05 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe but equally just about all the teams around us. Oxford look to be in with a more than decent shout of the automatics the way the rest of us are throwing points away.

I think tonight was a snapshot of what we will be like if we manage to make the play offs. Uninterested, disjointed and leaderless. Time for the owners to make some noise.
The great reset, it’s in fashion
(16-02-2021, 09:03 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Play offs would be an achievement

What expectations ffs?

Supporting Pompey has always been more hope than expectation, you should know that by now.

The management team are far too negative and we will suffer for it.

Losing when you have had a right good go is much easier to take.
(16-02-2021, 09:53 PM)exgaffer Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-02-2021, 09:03 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Play offs would be an achievement

What expectations ffs?

Supporting Pompey has always been more hope than expectation, you should know that by now.

The management team are far too negative and we will suffer for it.

Losing when you have had a right good go is much easier to take.

So true. Going down with a half hearted whimper is pathetic.
Marquis on his own up front even against a relegation side just shows what crap negative tactics we play. Why for once doesn’t Jacket go for the win with 2 up front from the start instead of trying not to loose. It worked earlier in the season when he was in fear of losing his job.

So we are 3 - 1 down with a fast striker who offers something different on the bench and we bring on another midfielder. You couldn’t make it up. I can’t believe we didn’t bring in another proven striker in the window. It’s almost like we are afraid to get promoted.
Never mind resetting expectations, we need to reset 4 or 5 players and the management team
It's so frustrating isnt it.kenny gets both barrels from fans (and we think owners), finally goes 442 and starts winning games.

Gets within touching distance, then reverts back to the 451 which has failed time after time after time.
Apparently the debacle against BR we started of playing 433 according to the news I seen ( ok it was livescore but they’re usually pretty accurate).
The oft-claimed point about using 442 is to give Marquis some service. Well he had the service on Tuesday, missed an easy header in the first half, was put clean through after that, then couldn't even score from the spot. Yes, he got a goal but that was the easiest hat-trick he will ever see. Unfortunately, he is being given clear signals that he has no competition for his place. Harrison is rubbish and Hiwula seems to be persona non grata at Fratton Park.
the new midfielder did play him in a few times on the floor. Far too often our final ball consisted of a diagonal ball in the air, just nice for the centre halfs. and by the second half a hoof from the back.
Very rarely do we get deep enough down the wings to play the real killer ball into the box with the attacker running onto it as the defenders backpedal.
Exactly what happened with our goal but as you say it doesn’t happen often enough
I just can't help but feel like our club is in naïve hands at the moment. These errors are glaringly obvious to anyone who understands football.

And before anyone starts with the "but at least we have a club" nonsense. I would rather we died and phoenixed than be kept on fucking life support simply existing.

Football isn't an investment portfolio. We need to be competitive week in, week out. The owners might assess the capital gains each year but we assess the entertainment, grit and determination every 90 minutes. 

That team represents us and at the moment it is embarrassing us. Go down swinging for fucks' sake.

I have a nagging feeling that we would have had back to back promotions if we kept Cook and weren't taken over.
Scumslayer

?
Cook is hands down a better manager than Jackett. Paul's career trajectory is on the up and Kenny's is, well, stuck playing 451 in the playoffs shall we say.

Kenny at the time was a great solid signing. Plenty of exerience of how to get out of league 1. However, giving him a contract extension seems to have just made kenny complacent. He doesnt have the fear forcing him to go out to win games.

19 games to go. Then there are some interesting decisions to be made.
I really don't know what Marquis is doing, to justify his position in the team......apart from running around a lot.
It will take a big big turnaround in performances for top 2. If the rot continues, we may struggle for a playoff spot.

What a bunch of bottlers
Guys we’re not going up, it was always going to be the play offs. We didn’t strengthen in the summer and still didn’t get in another CB in January plus not giving Hiwula a chance when it’s plainly obvious to everyone that Marquis and Harrison are shocking.
We arent going up as long as Jackett and Co are here.
Kenny Abjectt.
I expected our season would result in another playoff failure so I've no need to reset.
Unfortunately we've been here before and we know how it ends. Would love to cling to something positive but apart from an (extremely unlikely)Jackett resignation i can't.