TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Scarlett
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Obviously not the finished article.
I can remember lots of young nippy strikers such as Michael Owen at our level Chaplin. 
But I've been racking my brain to think of such a physical handful at 18
??
(28-08-2022, 06:13 PM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]Technically he's different class to the rest of our attacking players. I don't think there's a better forward partnership in the league than him and Bishop.

I deliberately left "technical" off of my OP because I wanted to focus on his physicality at such a young age. But I totally agree. If we have him all season and he stays fit then we are pushed up the league a few places.
He's still young but he will be better than Michael Owen. No doubt about that.
(28-08-2022, 08:41 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]He's still young but he will be better than Michael Owen. No doubt about that.

Love the random benchmark used there lol
(28-08-2022, 08:41 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]He's still young but he will be better than Michael Owen. No doubt about that.

At the same age Owen was scoring in Liverpool's first team and went on to score at near a goal every other game in first class and international football.  As much as I like Scarlett he's got a little way to go to catch up with Owen.
Well let's hope he has a better career than Owen. Whilst good he never got anywhere near his potential because of his constant injuries. He was quick but not exceptionally technically gifted. Once that speed went he had little to offer.
(29-08-2022, 05:35 AM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]Well let's hope he has a better career than Owen. Whilst good he never got anywhere near his potential because of his constant injuries. He was quick but not exceptionally technically gifted. Once that speed went he had little to offer.

That is the worry with very good players starting very young, they often end up retiring early. Awfs was not in the same league but started at 15. 4 leg breaks later he had lost any pace he ever had and had to retire.
I offer you Ronaldo and Beckham to disprove the theory that starting young means an early finish to a player's career
Ronaldo is a pretty unique example to be fair. Like Jimmy Anderson, unique in his field?

Back to my OP, can anyone remember an 18 year old who is so physical, most struggle at this level because they get bullied.
This will blow your mind: Rooney and Ronaldo are the same age. Shows how much lifestyle impacts ability to perform in the long term.
Perhaps we should sign more young Muslim players, they have to be tee total!
Michael Owen played over 300 games in the premier league and scored over 200 goals including 40 for England. I think if Scarlett gets anywhere near that he would be delighted.