TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Crawley Radio Coverage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On Talk Sport 2.
Our back up elevens are making a bit of a pigs ear of the Mickey Mouse cups so far!! Get it together lads... let’s avoid another cup defeat.
I hate these wretched midweek games in 'mickey mouse' cups against all these 'tuppeny halfpenny' little clubs like Crawley, Stevenage, Wimbledon, Sutton, Gillingham, Newport, Sutton etc. The thought of playing any of them away in midweek fills me with trepidation as another inevitable humiliating display and result usually transpires. invariably the story is always about the pitches, the second class referees, the injuries, the missed penalties etc. Why do we bother (we've been to Wembley once but that just a one-off)
Are these games really worth the effot. These little clubs only want us in to get the income from our major support. No, lets be out of it all and spend the week preparing for the real business on the Saturday
(31-08-2022, 01:18 PM)Pangus Wrote: [ -> ]I hate these wretched midweek games in 'mickey mouse' cups against all these 'tuppeny halfpenny' little clubs like Crawley, Stevenage, Wimbledon, Sutton, Gillingham, Newport, Sutton etc. The thought of playing any of them away in midweek fills me with trepidation as another inevitable humiliating display and result usually transpires. invariably the story is always about the pitches, the second class referees, the injuries, the missed penalties etc. Why do we bother (we've been to Wembley once but that just a one-off)
Are these games really worth the effot. These little clubs only want us in to get the income from our major support. No, lets be out of it all and spend the week preparing for the real business on the Saturday

Not a fan of this sort of talk against smaller clubs. Makes it all the more embarrassing if they beat us. And they have done plenty of times in the past
Since the reserve leagues were abandoned, the midweek cups serve the same purpose but more competitively.
How do we give our 2nd string & Academy players a game?

Players need match experience & need to prove they're worth a 1st team place.
(31-08-2022, 02:58 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]How do we give our 2nd string & Academy players a game?

Players need match experience  & need to prove they're worth a 1st team place.

In the league cup, in the Papa John's trophy, in specially arranged friendlies and by sending them out on loan. 

And of course in training sessions.

And the academy play about 20 games in the Youth Alliance league & cup.
(31-08-2022, 01:18 PM)Pangus Wrote: [ -> ]I hate these wretched midweek games in 'mickey mouse' cups against all these 'tuppeny halfpenny' little clubs like Crawley, Stevenage, Wimbledon, Sutton, Gillingham, Newport, Sutton etc. The thought of playing any of them away in midweek fills me with trepidation as another inevitable humiliating display and result usually transpires. invariably the story is always about the pitches, the second class referees, the injuries, the missed penalties etc. Why do we bother (we've been to Wembley once but that just a one-off)

I wouldn't say no to another day out at Wembly.