TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Predictions for Peterborough at home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What we thinking?

I think we need to be realistic in this game, they were a championship side last season and have a brilliant strike force. Against our average centre backs they will score a couple. Hopefully we can score some too.

I think Peterborough will win this league fairly comfortably. They have assembled an excellent team for such a small club, with all due respect intended. 

We won't play teams as good as Peterborough this season so a loss shouldn't dampen expectations or the positivity at the club. We could have a good season still.

We will win many games this season but I maintain we will be exposed against the very best sides in this league. The posh are just that.

I think a 0 2 defeat.
I'll go for a 0-0 draw and be quite happy with that. 

And Sheffield Wednesday will win the league.
(01-09-2022, 05:51 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I'll go for a 0-0 draw and be quite happy with that. 

And Sheffield Wednesday will win the league.

I'd be delighted with a draw. You won't hear me say that often in league one especially at home but I really rate posh.

A draw would be a very good result.
We played Peterborough in a pre-season friendly last year. They were shite and nailed-on for relegation even then.
The key question is whether Cowley will take the bull by the horns and go with a good attacking formation, committed to winning the game, or whether he will run scared and go with a defensive formation intent on stopping them scoring, with plenty of Lincoln style tippy-tappy football back and forth across the back four. I suspect the latter.
I'd be happy with a draw, and I think that's likely. If not that, I think a win's more likely than a loss.
(01-09-2022, 06:23 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]I'd be happy with a draw, and I think that's likely. If not that, I think a win's more likely than a loss.

Im not sure Peterborough are all that. They have already lost at Derby and Plymouth. Im going 3 - 1 Pompey
If we play like we did against Cambridge or first half Bristol rovers, we will wipe the floor with them. If we let them back into the game it will be much harder to recover. Depends how many clear cut chances we will miss.
Go for it.
You are never going to know how good you are unless you push the envelope.
Well, that's what my postman said anyway.
3-2 to us. Think it will be a cracker. Wish I could be there but working.
2-0 Pompey
(01-09-2022, 05:48 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]What we thinking?

I think we need to be realistic in this game, they were a championship side last season and have a brilliant strike force. Against our average centre backs they will score a couple. Hopefully we can score some too.

I think Peterborough will win this league fairly comfortably. They have assembled an excellent team for such a small club, with all due respect intended. 

We won't play teams as good as Peterborough this season so a loss shouldn't dampen expectations or the positivity at the club. We could have a good season still.

We will win many games this season but I maintain we will be exposed against the very best sides in this league. The posh are just that.

I think a 0 2 defeat.

I hate it when I accidentally read a ba posting. You get half way through it then realise it's that knobend troll again. Always the same, always a defeat or a lucky draw in that same bloody morose tone. And I know responding to the thing only serves to give him a stiffy but it's so pointless to read.
Ever the optimist 3.0 Pompey
Attack from the outset and push them back.
Our Forwards are our strength, ( a very enviable strength for League one) - so keep the ball and defend from the front.
If we gain an early advantage I predict a 2-0 win with the Fratton crowd at their best, driving the boys on !
PUP.
Very difficult game to predict but will go for a 1-1 draw but hoping for a 3-1 win!
(02-09-2022, 01:09 PM)mikey393 Wrote: [ -> ]Very difficult game to predict but will go for a 1-1 draw but hoping for a 3-1 win!

4-0 Look what they did to Sunderland Big Grin
If blue army’s the ref 1-0 to Posh.
3-pound coins - 2 bottles of water
(02-09-2022, 02:19 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]3-pound coins - 2 bottles of water

In the current climate, anyone who throws pound coins or bottles of water has far too much money ffs.

I think we’ll win 3-1 by the way.  Smile
Anyone who can afford copious amounts of beer can afford a pound coin. IMHO
And regarding the bottles...it's probably not water anyway.
3-2 to Pompey
(02-09-2022, 02:34 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: [ -> ]3-2 to Pompey
snap
(02-09-2022, 02:26 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone who can afford copious amounts of beer can afford a pound coin. IMHO

Pelting is always best done sober Big Grin, drink impairs your aim and the sense of satisfaction when you hit your intended target. 3-1 Pompey.
(02-09-2022, 02:26 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone who can afford copious amounts of beer can afford a pound coin. IMHO

It’s much better spent on beer though, why waste it?
If we can keep a clean sheet against their attack we will end up top three!
Just hope we get a ref who can control the game and let two decent teams play out a good game 11v11
Pages: 1 2