TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Mnoga
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gone to Gillingham on loan with a recall in January if needed. Must mean a centre half coming in.
That seems like a good move for his development. Hope he gets plenty of game time
It will be really tough for him to establish himself as a L2 CB. I would have thought the conference would be better for giving him more game time. Fingers crossed he gets those regular starts
He needs a challenge so L2 seems the right level for him. I like him as a potential commanding CB just needs more experience & cut out the rash challenges. He played really well in the O's friendly.
If we want him to come up to our level, whatever it is, then L2 seems a must.
He did well in a struggling Weymouth team last season, that was in the Conference as we still call it. L2 was the obvious for him this time around.
Hope he doesn't snap anyone on his debut
Sent off after 10 minutes of his debut for two yellow cards!
(03-09-2022, 02:20 PM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote: [ -> ]Sent off after 10 minutes of his debut for two yellow cards!
Oh dear! Hopefully that won't be his last chance with Gills.
Oops, that's a pity. He's too committed.
Broadly as predicted
(03-09-2022, 01:24 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Hope he doesn't snap anyone on his debut

Hmm that seems pretty good predicting!
Oh dear, think he did the same at Bromley (only lasted 6 games there)
Seen enough of him here to think he’s not for us. Hot headed.
(03-09-2022, 05:40 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: [ -> ]Seen enough of him here to think he’s not for us. Hot headed.

Probably too keen to impress.

If he can sort out his discipline there is potentially a very good player in there, and he is still young enough to do that.
If he hasn’t learnt by now that he needs to compensate the rashness of his challenges with something else then he’s never gonna have a chance with us. Is he always gonna be too much of a risk?
(04-09-2022, 07:27 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely ridiculous challenge to get sent off as well when already on a yellow. The bloke's as thick as pig shit.

Yeh, there was no need for the second card but we have seen Jack do plenty of the same and just say its unlucky or a soft card.  Seen a bit more of Mnoga this season and he's a lot faster and more athletic than Jack was at the same age and with coaching can still be a really good home grown talent but at 20 needs to start getting his decision making consistently right.
TBH I’ve always thought of him ( Mnonga) as a bit of a liability. He always looks like a red card waiting to happen , that and coupled with ( currently) poor positional skills, He’d need to improve shed loads before I’d want to see him in a Pompey first team.
(04-09-2022, 08:50 AM)The Realist Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2022, 07:27 AM)Santa release Claus Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely ridiculous challenge to get sent off as well when already on a yellow. The bloke's as thick as pig shit.

Yeh, there was no need for the second card but we have seen Jack do plenty of the same and just say its unlucky or a soft card.  Seen a bit more of Mnoga this season and he's a lot faster and more athletic than Jack was at the same age and with coaching can still be a really good home grown talent but at 20 needs to start getting his decision making consistently right.

I first saw Jack as a nipper when he played against Hermans Icelandic side. For his age his positioning and awareness were brilliant, an old head on a young body. Definitely miles ahead of where Mnonga is now. In fact I couldn’t even compare the two.
(04-09-2022, 09:04 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2022, 08:50 AM)The Realist Wrote: [ -> ]

I first saw Jack as a nipper when he played against Hermans Icelandic side. For his age his positioning and awareness were brilliant, an old head on a young body. Definitely miles ahead of where Mnonga is now. In fact I couldn’t even compare the two.

I guess Jack had the benefit of playing with better defenders; Clarke, Stevens & Burgess.  Time will tell how far Mnoga can go but it terms of natural attributes there is no reason why good coaching can't improve him.
He’s potentially 21st century Roy Lunnis.

If we get Scum in the Hampshire cup tell him there’s a bonus for every yokel carried off on a stretcher.
obviously needs to ply competitive matches where men will try and wind him up. Trouble is that unless he learns quickly, the clubs prepared to take him will run out.
Maybe find managers who used to be thugs when they played, or even Steve Evans!
Sounds like Swindon are shit.

What did you think of the game and the sending off, Mikey?