TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Todays ratings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Griffiths 7 One awful clearance but otherwise dominated his box well
Rafferty 7 The new Lee Brown, 7 out of 10 every week
Morrison 6 OK apart from falling over his zimmer frame to gift them the goal 
Raggett 7 Usual solid self, perhaps not involved as much as some weeks
Robertson 7 Did well out of position, defensively sound, not much coming forward 
Dale 8 Looked very sharp in the first half and did some great tracking back
Pack 8 MOTM for me ... the quality of his throughballs was outstanding 
Lowery 6 Didn't impress as much as last time, but Peterboro seemed to be targeting him physically
Curtis 7 OK, looked sharp and motivated but missed two easy headers.
Bishop 7 Led the line well without getting a sniff of goal himself 
Scarlett 7 Took both goals well, especially the second but actually was hardly in the game apart from the goals, so not MOTM for me.

Subs
Hackett 6 not the same impact form the bench as in the Bristol game 
Koroma 7 Looked a very useful addition to the squad, great through ball to Scarlett for the second
Pigott 6 Didn't get many opportunites to get involved 
Morrell 6 Ditto
Mingi 6 Did what he was brought on to do and closed the space in midfield and put in a couple of decent tackles 

Cowley 9 Produced a win from a goal down and got all the substitutions spot on IMO. I didn't think we were necessarily the better team today so fashioning a win is a great achievement.   Losing top spot despite winning is a bit unlucky though.  

oh, and one more rating ... 
Ben Thompson 6 neat enough but certainly no better than what we have got in midfield. Can we forget about him now - thats two perfromances at Fratton when he has failed to shine.
I'm happy enough with those, although any striker who gets a couple of very different goals and keeps the defenders busy gets an 8 from me.
I would drop Cowley to a 7 for following that ridiculous idea of putting the centre halfs in the box for our own goal kicks which simply invited about the best goal scoring duo in the league closer to our goal and left then and our keeper under pressure from our own dead ball.
Despite his distribution problems I might give Griffiths 8 for that terrific save stopping them going 2 up. Possibly a match winning save.
Yes great save by Griffiths or it would have been 2.0
Not as impressed with Dale as you were. He delivered little going forward.
(03-09-2022, 06:19 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Not as impressed with Dale as you were. He delivered little going forward.

He produced a couple of decent crosses - including the one Curtis headed wide in the first half -  but the good rating was more for his tracking back, including one incredible run back to the left back position to nullify one of their breakaways, and for his general effort.
(03-09-2022, 05:26 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]I'm happy enough with those, although any striker who gets a couple of very different goals and keeps the defenders busy gets an 8 from me.
I would drop Cowley to a 7 for following that ridiculous idea of putting the centre halfs in the box for our own goal kicks which simply invited about the best goal scoring duo in the league closer to our goal and left then and our keeper under pressure from our own dead ball.

You're probably right ... I think I was just over-emphasising the point that I didn't think he was MOTM. 

I'd go back and edit it, but that would make your comment look odd !
(03-09-2022, 06:19 PM)TBP Wrote: [ -> ]Not as impressed with Dale as you were. He delivered little going forward.

Didn't quite come of for him today, however, I think Dale is a good player and will be important for us this season.
Must admit I thought Dale was not quite on it today. A number of times Rafferty had the ball and was looking for his man but he’d drifted to far inside. I also thought Griffiths distribution was very poor today, yes he pulled of a decent save but I would only give him a 6. I also think Lowery is our little jack Russell, snaps at everything and covers every blade of grass . Robertson played really well but we missed Ogilvie.
Also thought Dale was crowded and muscled out.

Think you are generous to Robertson today, the last 10-15 of the first half were ponderous from him, head down, poor balls slowly released, not in sync. 5 or 6 from me
(03-09-2022, 08:20 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Also thought Dale was crowded and muscled out.

Think you are generous to Robertson today, the last 10-15 of the first half were ponderous from him, head down, poor balls slowly released, not in sync. 5 or 6 from me

Is that the 10-15 mins in which he produced a brilliant cross for the first goal?
"Not much coming forward"
(03-09-2022, 08:38 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]"Not much coming forward"

He was up there for the free kick for that cross.

The not coming forward comment was a reference to the fact that he did not make runs up the wing like Ogilvie does, nor would I expect him to as he is a centre back. 

For someone playing out of position he did a half decent job for the team.
Let's hope we keep scarlett for the season.  Unlikely spurs will want dane back and I doubt he will go the championship this season, better for his development to score regularly in league one and get his confidence up.

Our defence nearly cost us again today and it will be our downfall this season as we keep making silly mistakes.

We look good elsewhere but our defence isn't good enough for top automatic promotion.
(03-09-2022, 09:32 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]Let's hope we keep scarlett for the season.  Unlikely spurs will want dane back and I doubt he will go the championship this season, better for his development to score regularly in league one and get his confidence up.

Our defence nearly cost us again today and it will be our downfall this season as we keep making silly mistakes.

We look good elsewhere but our defence isn't good enough for top automatic promotion.

-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-zzzz-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz oh did I say -z-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz? You get top marks for repetition
Today's Ratings:-

Blue Army 1 Poor effort, lack of imagination, questionable defensive frailties.
(03-09-2022, 08:20 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Also thought Dale was crowded and muscled out.

Well he was playing out of position at left back to cover for Ogilvie and it was his cross for Dane Scarlett to header in the first goal so I wouldn’t judge him too harshly. Main thing is we won
I’d take Hackett down another point for his hilarious attempt to out run the Boro keeper at the end.
(03-09-2022, 05:22 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Griffiths 7 One awful clearance but otherwise dominated his box well
Rafferty 7 The new Lee Brown, 7 out of 10 every week
Morrison 6 OK apart from falling over his zimmer frame to gift them the goal 
Raggett 7 Usual solid self, perhaps not involved as much as some weeks
Robertson 7 Did well out of position, defensively sound, not much coming forward 
Dale 8 Looked very sharp in the first half and did some great tracking back
Pack 8 MOTM for me ... the quality of his throughballs was outstanding 
Lowery 6 Didn't impress as much as last time, but Peterboro seemed to be targeting him physically
Curtis 7 OK, looked sharp and motivated but missed two easy headers.
Bishop 7 Led the line well without getting a sniff of goal himself 
Scarlett 7 Took both goals well, especially the second but actually was hardly in the game apart from the goals, so not MOTM for me.

Subs
Hackett 6 not the same impact form the bench as in the Bristol game 
Koroma 7 Looked a very useful addition to the squad, great through ball to Scarlett for the second
Pigott 6 Didn't get many opportunites to get involved 
Morrell 6 Ditto
Mingi 6 Did what he was brought on to do and closed the space in midfield and put in a couple of decent tackles 

Cowley 9 Produced a win from a goal down and got all the substitutions spot on IMO. I didn't think we were necessarily the better team today so fashioning a win is a great achievement.   Losing top spot despite winning is a bit unlucky though.  

oh, and one more rating ... 
Ben Thompson 6 neat enough but certainly no better than what we have got in midfield. Can we forget about him now - thats two perfromances at Fratton when he has failed to shine.
Think you are being very generous giving Pack MOM. He done well but gave the ball away far to often. What was he doing with the free kick which lead to their goal. A great organiser and he should definitely be captain, but not MoM today.
Joe MORELL looks like his fitness and form are coming together, and a good week will put him close to a start at Barnsley.
Just can’t make my mind up with Griffiths. When we went 0-1 down he didn’t seem to have any urgency to get the game going when the ball went out off play. Yes he made a good save and only one needed from Clarke-Harris but his kicking decision really needs improvement. Early days though.

Question for Cullen, why do we not employ ball boys/girls. The amount of time lost collecting the ball is criminal at times. It’s okay if we are winning and slowing the game down but not when we are losing. There should be at least 2 at each end.
I mentioned the ball boy/girl , whoever thing after the last home game. I’m sure local footy teams could supply nippers.
They could always get some of the the mascots to do it ... get them more involved in the game.