TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Bishop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not the firecracker from the beginning of the season. I think he's getting pulled deep and the high line today didn't help. Thoughts?
Yup can't argue with that. His running was more productive than Marquis' headless chicken running around last season. Overall, so good to have 3 decent forwards, and the new guy looks pretty useful too.
He was a right handful all game. Fouled for our first goal. His presence creates space for others. A proper CF.
Good thing is, his teammates are scoring.  
Confident he'll be scoring again soon.
If that Spurs lad get much better, we're going to scare the crap out this league's defences.
Such a difference than just having Marquis up front and struggling to get one.
And let's not forget that he is still the leagues 2nd top scorer, as it stands.
Without a doubt a very intelligent, street wise striker. Very smart the way he was leaning onto his marker and drawing the foul today
What Jimbon said. Bishop was equally important in his role yesterday. Still, looked gutted to be taken off without scoring. Best front 2 partnership we’ve had for a while.
I like Bishop a lot also but it's interesting to compare him - an experienced very good striker for League One with Scarlett - young and inexperienced but already looking like a future high quality Premiership and quite probably England International. At this stage of their careers both very good, if very different, players at our level.
He might be wearing a slightly different hat but it's still working magic
and with two up front, as Scarlett is seen as more of a threat, more space will appear for Bishop.
Such a shame that the likes of Marquis (and so many others in the last ten years or so) were left to struggle up front alone. How different it might have been if their hard work had happened with another striker wunning around to pick up the pieces.
MOTD 2 we’re discussing this and it looks like most teams in the prem are returning to two . It was the success of Drogba I believe that started the fascination of one up front.
No-one tell Joey Smile
(06-09-2022, 12:55 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]No-one tell Joey Smile

To be fair, Joey's move on.......the Bristol housing market is now the focus of his ire and apparently the reason for his team's poor showing. 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/foot...st-7548701

Wonder what he'll be using as an excuse next.......global warming, COVID, Ukraine war, Brexit......
I really think Joey and EssentialMix would get along well.
They might, however ....... Back to the plot - I do think he ( BISH) will be fine. Also Jacobs seemingly going through a bit of a lull at the moment. It happens.

However, aren't we lucky to have EVERYONE else. To my mind there are not many League one teams who do not seriously ENVY our bunch !
What a great read that was. It had everything from the Bristol housing market, to champions league qualification. A proper old fashioned nonsensical rant
Our squad is fucking mustard. Finally got a group who could give the League 2 championship team a run for its money
(06-09-2022, 06:06 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Our squad is fucking mustard. Finally got a group who could give the League 2 championship team a run for its money

more importantly is the squad, which with 5 subs would end miles ahead of that squad I should say. We've failed to maintain our challenge pretty much every season since then, and even before when we had not enough players to properly compete in the play offs. 

The January window is likely to be key again, one way or the other.