TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The better team lost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb...at-3830460

Are his remarks accurate? Or is he taking a page out of the Derek Adams fantasy novel of post match observations?
We got more goals and more points that's all that counts.
(04-09-2022, 12:13 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/footb...at-3830460

Are his remarks accurate? Or is he taking a page out of the Derek Adams fantasy novel of post match observations?

I almost agree with him .. for periods of the game they were better, especialy the first 20 mins of the second half, but there were periods when we were better too. 

Overall, I'd say we were no better than them at anything other than putting the ball in the net, which is the only thing that counts at the end of the day.
We won 2.1 and that's what matters
They are obviously one of the better teams in that league, with some very good players.
I rate Clarke-Harris, who wouldn't want him in their L1 team?  Did well to keep him off the scoresheet.
We looked just as good if not better at times and beat them on the day.  
I'd say from our perspective, the improvement from last season so far is very encouraging.
Pompey should've won 3-0. So no they weren't the better side.
In the words of the age, “we won get over it”.
He's got to be "taking the pish"!!
Other than a brief period at the beginning of the second half I thought we carried the biggest scoring threat. They had more possession than us but we had more shots on goal. They tried to control midfield by playing 5 across the middle, however, we came , we saw, we conquered.
PUP
Anyone who thinks Pompey deserved to win that game is on drugs.

But we won it so that's all that matters.
(04-09-2022, 04:15 PM)BlueArmy is a sad sad troll cuunt Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone who thinks Pompey deserved to win that game is on drugs.

But we won it so that's all that matters.

FFS give up you utter mong. 1/10.
I was working but listening in to updates.. "Good value for the win" was the comment that stood out. Saying that maybe the reporter was on drugs.
McCanns talking crap. He’s turning into Steve Evans, physically and mentally.
We missed a sitter, scored 2 and came close with 2 other longer range efforts. They were gifted a goal by us and had one effort well saved by JG so overall I think we edged it.. and not forgetting we did win 2-1.
They started each half very well, I thought, and played some neat and incisive football, which made it look pretty ominous when they went ahead. They were winning most of the 50-50s. Goals aren't normally easy to score, and going behind so early made it seem a very uphill task if they continued at that level. But they didn't, we gradually settled and had several near misses. In the final quarter of the game they seemed to lose their shape quite a bit and were pumping long balls upfield in a way they had not done earlier in the game. Raggett and Morrison dealt with those relatively comfortably. Overall our goal efforts came much closer than Peterborough's, quite a lot of their possession came from playing it around at the back, and as others have noted, we scored twice, they just the once. They were a good team, for sure, but better? Not overall on the game as a whole.
Get used to these sorts of stories from The News. Opposition sour grapes is easy click bait for a paper who are on the brink of collapse
Might -just might -have been different if Nathan had been available.
Quite weird really that both brothers were missing.
The funny thing about Nathan's red card (for 2 yellows) was for me that Peterborough were claiming the Derby players dived. After years of Nathan "diving" surely that is a bit rich
I thought we deserved the win.

Another good performance against a very good side.
The Thompson tumble!
Best remember Nathan for getting Mowatt (then of Oxford) a red card here at Fp. He ran 20 yards to goad Mowatt for missing a pen, Mowatt slapped him. Somehow Nathan, who was on a yellow, avoided a 2nd one whilst Mowatt walked and Luke Mcgee our keeper that day did get a yellow.
(05-09-2022, 08:31 AM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]The funny thing about Nathan's red card (for 2 yellows) was for me that Peterborough were claiming the Derby players dived. After years of Nathan "diving" surely that is a bit rich

We're fucking brilliant (truebluearmy.com)
Could do with him coaching our defenders to do a belly flop rather than trying to turn on the ball when under pressure from a muscular no.9. And even one of the brothers talking to them about playing the way they are facing.
We played 442 with players that were used to it.
McCann played 352ish with players that at times looked lost.
If he thinks the better team lost then he is the root of the problem for Peterborough and long may it continue.
He says the first pompey goal was avoidable. Well if you play 3 at the back you lack width and may get caught out with a cross or two. After all pompey are top of the table for a reason. (Waiting)
There was nothing lucky about the diving header that flew into the net
We are league 1, no side is so great in this league. Given that we have an owner and management team with a system and people invested in it. A vociferous crowd that is the envy of most if not all.
Pompey are in a good position. Peterborough are in a mess albeit a mess with good players. They are just square pegs in round holes with a clown or two in charge
Their goal was lucky and avoidable, ours were good. The better team won IMHO
Pages: 1 2