TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Silence from the Eisner’s but...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
they must be seething at tonight’s absolutely abysmal showing. Yet again Pompey’s January dealings show no sign of firing them into the automatic promotion places looking more like a case of can they help keep us in the play off spots. I don’t know why we even bother with turn of the year signings given the regular new year decline in results and performances that afflicts Pompey.
(16-02-2021, 11:17 PM)blueinbrum3 Wrote: [ -> ]they must be seething at tonight’s absolutely abysmal showing. Yet again Pompey’s January dealings show no sign of firing them into the automatic promotion places looking more like a case of can they help keep us in the play off spots. I don’t know why we even bother with turn of the year signings given the regular new year decline in results and performances that afflicts Pompey.

I hope they are because you are right. January mindless signings again. White is pointless it seems. Just here to get 5 minutes a match. Byers maybe ok but all we are doing is changing the team match by match to keep players happy. Time for the owners to make some noise.
We do seem to be rotating the team to keep all the players (except one) happy. Tonight would have seemed a perfect chance to put out the first team after a week off and set up for the next stage of the season.
What do you want them to do?

Genuinely, what reaction do you want to see?
It's too late to bin Jackass now, but I'd like a clear out in the summer of management and at least half our players
(16-02-2021, 11:52 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]What do you want them to do?

That they care. Show some interest. We all know their money is keeping us afloat but they need to make some noise show some passion.
They're most likely doing that behind closed doors. Their style is not to give a running commentary on how cr@p our season is going.

If they wanted to relieve some grumbling, they could hop in a digger and get a photo for The News. It's been just as frustrating seeing the lack of progress on infrastructure as it has been watching our duffers hoof it round on a tues/sat
Promotion would cost them money. Something they're not keen on spending.
(17-02-2021, 08:55 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]Promotion would cost them money. Something they're not keen on spending. 

As their has been no gate money for the last year their money is keeping us afloat. They have also provided the money for KJ to bring in players in the last two transfer windows. 

Is that inot costing them money Billy Boy, does that indicate that they are not keen on spending ?

I would hope that they are getting really p!ssed off with our manager and his coaching staff not being able to get the best on a consistent basis out of what is essentially a great squad of players for league 1.
(17-02-2021, 08:55 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]Promotion would cost them money. Something they're not keen on spending.

Promotion would make them millions. 

A Championship club is worth many millions more than a league one club. 

They bought the club as a long term investment. They got it very cheap due to the terms of the PST buyout and in effect re-invested their immediate virtual profit (and more) by putting £10m into the ground improvement fund. If we get promoted there is no reason not to think that they would re-invest the immediate virtual profit again.
If they weren’t seething after Tuesdays abysmal performance they surely are now. All eyes and ears across the Atlantic waiting for them to say something about the current situation to the club’s supporters even if it’s only ‘as you were’.
No comment from Eisner since 9th February.
Just saw a Tweet from ME yesterday with goal pic saying "On Track".

On Track for what?

Certainly Not the Autos unless KJ changes his defensive attitude for all games.

Other teams above us messing it up.

Peterboro, in the Box Seat now but let's hope they start dropping a few points.
I don't see Peterborough letting this go now. Wasn't it Ferguson who was at the helm for Donny when we nicked it? There are goals all over that Boro side and whenever they score you know they are looking for another. They have also prove that they can nick goals at the death and win from a losing position.

All the hallmarks for a championship winning side are there.

Maybe Thompson will have the last laugh after all.

If KJ can figure something out that has eluded him all throughout his Pompey career AND others around us drop points then maybe we have a shot at 2nd slot but looking at the squads around us and the teams hitting form at the right time, I just don't see us finishing in the top two.
Posh have Smodiks running into goal scoring form to supplement the three decent strikers they have, allows one (maybe two) to have a barren patch (a luxury we don’t have).

There’s usually a team which comes with a late run, who will it be ? 

Tough to make the autos in our current form so playoffs more likely ?
I think Pompey finishing in 4th or 5th spot is about right on performances (rather than potential).

Under different leadership and with the season unplayed, this squad had the potential to win the league by a street.