TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Owen Dale?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My first game back for a few years.
I was particularly impressed with Dale.
What do you guys think of him?
He gives us balance on the right side, however, I think he has a tendency to drift into the middle instead of keeping (IMO) a more orthodox wing position. Another good 'signing' from DC.
Still finding his feet IMO bit agree, a bit light, cuts inside. More time to bed in and I think he will be a player for us
I like his attitude, he works so hard and tracks back superbly.  And I love the fact that he doesn't allow himself to be isolated stuck out on the right and moves around a lot elsewhere on the pitch which must make him difficult to mark whilst still mostly giving the team a decent 442 shape.  Also he has a decent shot on him from distance, which we lack as a team. 

But like most wingers his final delivery can be frustating. He can spot a cross (like picking out Curtis for his missed header on Saturday), but his crosses are not consistently that good.  

He reminds me of Ryan Williams, some weeks he'll  look brilliant and some weeks you'll wonder what he brings to the team.
Personally I don’t feel he’s had a bad game for us - yet. Unlike Deep I think he needs to stay out wider than he has been, countless times on Saturday Rafferty was looking to play the ball up the wing to him but he’d gone central. We need him as a winger if we’re to make a success with 442. As for the comparison with Ryan Williams, there is no comparison, Williams at best was decidedly average and IMO a disappointment during his two spells here. Possibly our best right wide player since Gareth Evans or Jamal Lowe .
He seems a very decent winger. Like most wingers he can have off games, passes and periods within games.
Probably will benefit from our decent squad allowing us to rest him when needed.
One of many good signings that have improved the squad "brick by brick"
(06-09-2022, 07:46 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]He seems a very decent winger. Like most wingers he can have off games, passes and periods within games.
Probably will benefit from our decent squad allowing us to rest him when needed.

It makes a real change to be able to celebrate that Hammie. Previously we seemed to be changing the squad "prick by prick"
(07-09-2022, 12:13 PM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2022, 07:46 PM)Hammie Wrote: [ -> ]He seems a very decent winger. Like most wingers he can have off games, passes and periods within games.

It makes a real change to be able to celebrate that Hammie. Previously we seemed to be changing the squad "prick by prick"

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin