TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Why was Whatmough dropped???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It must go down as one of the most baffling of the long list of strange decisions that have come from the Jackett/Gallen duo over the last three seasons. Other than the sending off recently Jack has clearly been outstanding in central defence all season and surely the first on any fans' selections. You could argue that Raggett has benefited greatly from having Jack alongside him and in that case sorely missed him last night. Even if Jack had just been on the bench then he could have come on at half time to remedy the problems we were having first half.
Jack has been 'not right' for a while. It's a matter of record the troubles he's had in the past with his demons and I guess he'll come out and tell us what he's going through when this season is over. This is not the time or place to go into details.
It would appear that Gallen is as feckin useless as Jackass when it comes to player selection
(17-02-2021, 12:12 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]It would appear that Gallen is as feckin useless as Jackass when it comes to player selection

Jackett picked the team, not Gallen. 

And will throughout his absence.
(17-02-2021, 01:23 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Jackett picked the team, not Gallen. 

I have to ask how he can pick a team he has not seen in training, or will he just go on Gallen's "he was pretty outstanding in training guv, he only missed 3 chances out of 4" recommendation.
(17-02-2021, 01:28 PM)exterminator Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-02-2021, 01:23 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Jackett picked the team, not Gallen. 

I have to ask how he can pick a team he has not seen in training, or will he just go on Gallen's "he was pretty outstanding in training guv, he only missed 3 chances out of 4" recommendation.

Everyone on here seems to be able to pick a team without seeing them in training, so why not ? 

And yes, of course Gallen will tell him what's going on in training ... what is so strange about that.
Sorry Deep didn't mean to upset you, Joe and Ken. I just seriously doubt your judgement. Whoever was responsible for last night is useless and Joe/Ken?Barbie or whoever got it totally wrong. It's not important if its Gallen or Jackett (they're both peas in a pod). Not to have a fit Jack in the squad is lunacy, not to at least give Hiwula a run out is lunacy, to keep giving that Spurs nipper an appearance is lunacy, to keep picking Marquis is lunacy,to not have brought in another CB in the last transfer window was lunacy. Do you see where I'm going Deep? Ken or Joe it doesn't matter,you can keep burying your head in the sand and fighting Joe & Kens corner all you want but the bottom line is we're not going up with those two or indeed our current strike force.
our current strike force is probably made up of 5 or 6 players and together are the top scorers in the league??
(17-02-2021, 02:28 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone on here seems to be able to pick a team without seeing them in training, so why not ? 

And yes, of course Gallen will tell him what's going on in training ... what is so strange about that.

I have never offered my opinion on what the team should be, even though I see them train whilst working out on a regular basis when Roko is open. 

What I do know is that the "sessions" seem pretty tame and there doesn't appear to be any "extra" training to improve the skills of the players.

Do you have any faith in Gallen telling him what is going on in training after his pathetic  observations after the match yesterday I don't.
>our current strike force is probably made up of 5 or 6 players and together are the top scorers in the league?? <
I'm aware of what a strike force is,however I was on about our strikers particularly. That's Harrison and Marquis if you're not sure. I'm not counting Hiwula as he has hardly been seen. As regards the rest of our strike force,this season they are hardly prolific, Williams gives 100% effort but scores once in about every 50 chances. Curtis is off the boil and has been since he got the virus , although to be fair when he is fit and on his game he's generally our best scoring threat and player. Harness apparently is meant to be one of the most skillful players in the league,I look forward to seeing that on a regular basis along with his scoring. Jacobs is consistent but hardly a prolific scorer. So whilst we may be among the leagues top scorers, most of that was due to a good start to the season,I'm afraid Marquis and Harrison are just cack.
(17-02-2021, 03:03 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry Deep didn't mean to upset you, Joe and Ken. I just seriously doubt your judgement. Whoever was responsible for last night is useless and Joe/Ken?Barbie or whoever got it totally wrong. It's not important if its Gallen or Jackett (they're both peas in a pod). Not to have a fit Jack in the squad is lunacy, not to at least give Hiwula a run out is lunacy, to keep giving that Spurs nipper an appearance is lunacy, to keep picking Marquis is lunacy,to not have brought in another CB in the last transfer window was lunacy. Do you see where I'm going Deep?  Ken or Joe it doesn't matter,you can keep burying your head in the sand and fighting Joe & Kens corner all you want but the bottom line is we're not going up with those two or indeed our current strike force.

I agree about Whatmough. Not picking your best centre back is madness and said so in other threads when people had suddenly decided Bolton was better.  

Where am I fighting their corner ?  All I did was point out that Kenny picked the team when you wrongly accused Joe of picking it badly. 

But last night was a performance you have to blame the players for. Picking Raggett & Daniels can't really be criticised given the form they have been in.  But they were both absolutely shocking and let down the manager big time. It happens, players are playing in this league for a reason - they are not always consistent. What Raggett proved last night is that he goes to pieces when his partner has a poor game, we've seen it before with Downing, and last night both players either side of him were having off days.
(17-02-2021, 05:51 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-02-2021, 03:03 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry Deep didn't mean to upset you, Joe and Ken. I just seriously doubt your judgement. Whoever was responsible for last night is useless and Joe/Ken?Barbie or whoever got it totally wrong. It's not important if its Gallen or Jackett (they're both peas in a pod). Not to have a fit Jack in the squad is lunacy, not to at least give Hiwula a run out is lunacy, to keep giving that Spurs nipper an appearance is lunacy, to keep picking Marquis is lunacy,to not have brought in another CB in the last transfer window was lunacy. Do you see where I'm going Deep?  Ken or Joe it doesn't matter,you can keep burying your head in the sand and fighting Joe & Kens corner all you want but the bottom line is we're not going up with those two or indeed our current strike force.

I agree about Whatmough. Not picking your best centre back is madness and said so in other threads when people had suddenly decided Bolton was better.  

Where am I fighting their corner ?  All I did was point out that Kenny picked the team when you wrongly accused Joe of picking it badly. 

But last night was a performance you have to blame the players for. Picking Raggett & Daniels can't really be criticised given the form they have been in.  But they were both absolutely shocking and let down the manager big time. It happens, players are playing in this league for a reason - they are not always consistent. What Raggett proved last night is that he goes to pieces when his partner has a poor game, we've seen it before with Downing, and last night both players either side of him were having off days.

Sums it up i think. and add that our centre half pairings have been shown to be particularly vulnerable when a full back is not closing down his wing as happened last night. 
Any half decent manager will have realised that a little bit of pressing Raggett, yields multiple goal scoring opportunities.

Raggett is utter shyte and requires someone far better than Bolton to hold his hand through games.
O.k. just to try to put some background to this strange team selection Quote from Gallen:

'Rasmus was picked ahead of him mainly because of the left-foot that he possesses and that gave Rasmus an edge.

'Jack will be back and Jack will be back in the squad, I'm pretty sure, for the weekend.

‘James Bolton and Sean Raggett have played very well.

‘We won at Charlton where they played together, got a 2-2 draw with Plymouth where they played together and then we beat Swindon with them playing together.

He has a point about Bolton & Raggett's recent partnership.

But how he justified Rasmus ahead of Jack by saying he has a left foot is unbelievable!

Major cock up there as Jack should have been on the bench having missed 3 games & Not 100% Match Fit. I think Kenny was trying to say to Jack "I'm Not happy with your recent attitude, O.G's & Sending Off so don't expect to walk straight back into the match squad"

It smells of Pitman & Evans all over again to me.

Comments please.
I don't recall anyone saying that Bolton was better than Jack.

As for Raggett falling to pieces when he has a partner not playing well.......he was shocking before Bolton demonstrated he was having a bad game. The whole defence were a shambles.
Referring to the ‘not seeing them in training’, no I don’t but I do see them on match day......and so often they are rubbish !

I don’t care how good Harrison and Marquis look in training, on match day they are invariably poor (Harrison) or profligate in their finishing ( Marquis) and totally ignored despite the obvious failings of others (Hiwula).

Perhaps in training some simply flatter to deceive.