TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Rivalries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For everyone who didn't see my first post:

I am an academic researcher at Loughborough University, working alongside those at UMass (a world-leading sports management university), and I’m gathering data about League 1 rivalries, we don’t just focus on the ‘big teams’!

If you haven’t already, I would urge and love everyone to take part in our international study and put your views about Portsmouth's rivals on the world stage.
We saw your first post and several responded.

Have a look, please.
(07-09-2022, 01:47 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]We saw your first post and several responded.

Have a look, please.

Hi Bill,

I saw this and was hoping that recycling the post would give those who missed it a chance to have their voices heard as well.
(07-09-2022, 01:53 PM)Conor_Student21 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2022, 01:47 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]We saw your first post and several responded.

Have a look, please.

Hi Bill,

I saw this and was hoping that recycling the post would give those who missed it a chance to have their voices heard as well.

We are Portsmouth Football Club, the biggest little club in the world. We leave “rivalry’s” to those that are insecure in their belief in their own clubs history and tradition.
I think the general concensus, Conor, is that we don't have any rivals.

A few imitators but they are treated with the contempt they deserve.

Good luck with your research.
(07-09-2022, 01:58 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]I think the general concensus, Conor, is that we don't have any rivals.

A few imitators but they are treated with the contempt they deserve.

Good luck with your research.

Hi Bill, 

This is the type of thing we would like to hear about in the survey.

If you give it a go, you will see that the system relies on you choosing the teams and the level of rivalry that you believe there to be so it is all up to you.

Every response is greatly appreciated so I would love if you could do it and share it if you enjoy.
When I first started watching Pompey seriously, back in the mid 70s, Millwall were the big rivals. Both football and terrace.
Presumably a 'Rival' is defined as someone you compete with? So under that definition every club in the league is a rival.

There are always other clubs you enjoy beating more than others; usually because the manager is a bellend, the other fans are bellends, or because they are competing in the same part of the table as we are.

We have 1 Derby team. Always have, always will.
Yeah, we could have had a club with a bit more history/ability/decent following but they’re all that’s on offer in this neck of the country. Besides, they’re an easy target and very little threat to our superiority.
This is spam.
Well that was tedious but I did it anyway.
(07-09-2022, 06:38 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]This is spam.

No, it's "recycling".  Wink
(07-09-2022, 07:14 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Well that was tedious but I did it anyway.
It was good! When everyone in the house has colds and borderline-angry on a rainy Wednesday night, it was great completing a survey on exactly how much you hate Southampton  Big Grin
Ah, I stuck to Div 1. I thought my answers would be too predictable otherwise.

Working my way through Covid and am rapidly getting bored!
Hope you're over it soon
If you don't know who Pompey's rivals are, can't be bothered to Google it and instead feel compelled to create a database of your own...

Fuck me, the state of our youth.