TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: The most hated club
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could it be Shrewsbury?

Got a list of rivals as long as yer arm! 

I once went to a Wrexham v Shrews match (1980s), Ooh it was naughty. Someone actually used the F word at one point.

Anyone else been to a derby, as a neutral?
I reckon it's Newcastle at the moment.
Oh, stop choosing the obvious. Fucking PL!!!!
Cunninglinguist Wrote:Could it be Shrewsbury?

Got a list of rivals as long as yer arm! 

I once went to a Wrexham v Shrews match (1980s), Ooh it was naughty. Someone actually used the F word at one point.

Anyone else been to a derby, as a neutral?

Many years ago I was in with the away fans when Ipswich played Norwich on Boxing Day at Portman Road.

Don't remember a great deal apart from the Naarge fans trying to dismantle the stadium bit by bit and Martin O'Neill getting the winner for the visitors. It was probably quite lively!
Went to a Hibs /Hearts game in the 80’s. Tasty to say the least. Also a Glentoran v Linfield game in Belfast ( Boxing Day), always a full house as it’s the biggest derby game in NI . No love lost between them and surprisingly nothing to do with religion ( East v West Belfast).
My second choice is franchise FC, MK Dons.
(07-09-2022, 09:11 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]My second choice is franchise FC, MK Dons.

Now there's a club that shouldn't exist. It's probably too late now but if they wanted to become an actual proper football club, they should:
A) voluntary remove themselves from the league and apply to start in the same league Wimbledon had to
B) Pay a fine / installments to Wimbledon for loss of revenue for every year they had to ground share
C) rescind their claimed history of Wimbledon's achievements
D) Say sorry publicly 

Maybe then I could consider them to be an actual football club.
and return the trophies or at least stop displaying them.
Shame really because the local fans had no say in it, I guess there are a few who traveled and keep travelling from London.
Why they keep the "Dons" appellation when they are now a city seems a bit dim too!
Become MK City, apologise, return the trophies and perhaps we could all move on, They're both at the same level more or less anyhow.
There used to be a non-league club called Milton Keynes City back in the 1970s and 80s. Seemed to have disappeared - perhaps they were another casualty of the franchise club?
(07-09-2022, 10:16 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: [ -> ]There used to be a non-league club called Milton Keynes City back in the 1970s and 80s. Seemed to have disappeared - perhaps they were another casualty of the franchise club?

Yep, they folded around the time Wimbledon were moved north, but in fairness they were always poorly supported and had folded previously in the eary 80s iirc, then were reformed for a few years and I remember playing against them in possibly their Southern League days around 80/81. Can't recall where they played their home games but it wasn't in Milton Keynes.

My memory may be poor but I seem to remember when Ron Noades owned Wimbledon he tried to take MKC over to merge with the Dons in the early 80s, but that plan was rejected.  A shame the FA couldn't have done the same 20+ years later.

Back to the OP, I'd suggest Port Vale are up there amongst the most hated.  Obviously Stoke, Crewe and Burton all have a dim view of them, but even here in the Black Country there's absolutely no love for them at all.  Funnily enough they're another club that hate Shrewsbury.

As for being a neutral at derbies, been to a few West Brom v Wolves games and they're always a bit frisky, but back in the 80s when I was stationed in Cyprus a few of us went to the Apollon v AEL Limassol derby. Maybe only 10,000 there but anything that could be picked up was thrown (possibly including small children) and we had to wait easily an hour before we were allowed out of the ground because of the fighting in the streets.
Oxford. A University city with attitude! ?
Fecking dickheads
Realistically, every club that Pompey have played over the last fifty years. Most have done something at one time or another that has irritated me.
Best derby I went to as a neutral was Flamengo v Fluminese at the Maracana. Mental.....but thrilling. 
What a privilege it was to see a genius at work in the shape of Romario.
Middlesbrough, no real reason just an irrational dislike. That and I used to have a friend who's husband was a big Boro fan and he was a complete penis.
Hated them since they beat us on our cup run, late 70s I think. Bar stewardsssssssss
DITTO - Got it DSMG - was that the horrible late flag at the FE when Jeff Hemmerman scored the winner ?

(He was NOT offside)
Yessssssss. Jeff Hemmerman, memories of my first Pompey games, when my love affair started. Still going strong despite dodgy owners and carp footballers. Good bunch at the moment, hopefully!
Anyone who plays in red and white striped shirts.
(07-09-2022, 09:41 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2022, 09:11 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]My second choice is franchise FC, MK Dons.

Now there's a club that shouldn't exist. It's probably too late now but if they wanted to become an actual proper football club, they should:
A) voluntary remove themselves from the league and apply to start in the same league Wimbledon had to
B) Pay a fine / installments to Wimbledon for loss of revenue for every year they had to ground share
C) rescind their claimed history of Wimbledon's achievements
D) Say sorry publicly 

Maybe then I could consider them to be an actual football club.

With regards to c), I think mk returned all records and trophies connected to afc Wimbledon. 

People forget that afc Wimbledon also did a bit of stabbing in the back when they bought out kingstonians fc's ground when the latter got into financial difficulty and then later on, when it suited afc, they sold the ground to Chelsea. In doing so, they allowed Chelsea to include the condition that kingstonians be evicted from their home. Afc Wimbledon had their money and didn't give a toss.

From memory, Kingstonians no longer reside in their home town and are on their third ground share (in tooting).
Certainly in London the most hated team is Tottenham amongst supporters of other clubs.
Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham and Millwall fans all list them as being a rival.
Leeds United I think would take some beating nationwide with most Yorkshire teams plus Chelsea and Man Utd listing them as a team their supporters hate.
Thankfully we only have one detestable rival, makes life easier!
Anyway I have been to two other derbies. AC Milan V Inter about 20 years ago, great atmosphere and I have been to two Man Utd V Liverpool games.