TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Barnsley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I’m a bit more cautious about this one.

Been a tough start for them and they’re probably in a false position, early doors. An excellent result for them, against Wednesday, could herald their surge up the table. They’ve had to largely reconstruct their squad and if the Sheffield game is an indication that they’ve started to gel then we could be in for an interesting game.

I reckon we’ve got the beating of any side in this league.

Cunnys’ bet………2-1 to the blue machine.
I'll raise your 2-1 with a 3-1
I'm going for a hard fought 1-1
My friend is from Barnsley and has a st there.

Said the tykes struggle when teams sit in and are compact and try and counter them, e.g their loss v Wycombe. They struggle when teams get in their face and don't leave them space.

When teams attack the tykes from the off, that suits them as Barnsley are a good counter attacking team and really hurt teams with pace, through balls etc.

Agree they are in a false position.

I hope Danny and Nicky have done their homework.

If we attack Barnsley, we will lose this game.

If we sit back and be clever and patient, we could get a result.

Unfortunately I think we will attack from the start and sadly not pay them the respect they deserve. Big mistake.

3 - 1 loss here for us.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cue the idiots who feel compelled to respond to this twat.
(08-09-2022, 08:38 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: [ -> ]Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cue the idiots who feel compelled to  respond to this twat.

You asked for a prediction and I gave you a very well reasoned prediction.  

Have a good day mate. Let's hope the weather perks up.
I'll be an idiot and say Donny is a great team, though.  Big Grin
1-1

Barnsley have made a few decent signings recently and I can see them picking up, plus they had a reasonably difficult start to the season.
I’ve blocked the scummer cünt unless it’s to throw abuse at him.
1-1 and Ipswich to lose.
We have won once in 14 attempts and that was with prosinecki in the side.
They have won 10 and 8 of them to nil!
Not a happy hunting ground.
But this team are made of sterner stuff and they should be worried about us as well.
0-2 pompey
(08-09-2022, 10:33 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]We have won once in 14 attempts and that was with prosinecki in the side.
But this team are made of sterner stuff and they should be worried about us as well.
0-2 pompey

It's a little warmer than it usually is. Hopefully that will be a factor. I'd snatch your hand off for a draw though.
(08-09-2022, 09:28 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve blocked the scummer cünt unless it’s to throw abuse at him.
1-1 and Ipswich to lose.

He dug his own grave by just repeating the same dross again and again and again. Can't take him seriously anymore
Our good friend from Atlanta* has a point that Barnsley are a decent team and are dangerous... I'd be happy with a 1-1 draw from this one.

*Bluearmy you didn't say where in Atlanta you've bought your place(?)

Deebo

Just like he didn’t say what teams he played for when he was a ‘pro’. Man of mystery.
Like a few previous replies I too am a bit worried about this one. I am going for an optimistic 2-1 to us but will be happy with a point
(08-09-2022, 11:09 AM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Our good friend from Atlanta* has a point that Barnsley are a decent team and are dangerous... I'd be happy with a 1-1 draw from this one.

For Atlanta read Lordshill
If the game goes ahead I’d be happy with a 1-1.

Not sure what the FAs stance is but as “all comedy is cancelled” until after a funeral the Yokels will be twiddling their thumbs up the road.

https://www.indy100.com/news/what-happen...queen-dies
Always looked back fondly to the away days in the 80's , always seemed to be ONE-NIL wins with Noel BLAKE coming up to score the winner.

ps The gents was on the back of the away end wall - happy days !
The trouble with good old Noel Blake was that he was pretty proficient at scoring a winner at either end!
(08-09-2022, 11:09 AM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Our good friend from Atlanta* has a point that Barnsley are a decent team and are dangerous... I'd be happy with a 1-1 draw from this one.

Atlantis more like.
We might well have the curse of the Manager of the Month award to contend with as well ? Not sure when that is announced.
Our record up there as researched by The Yak looks abysmal!

But given our excellent start to the season I reckon we'll scrape a 1-1 draw with Scarlett on target again.

It's tough up North & they have their No.1 fan Dickie Bird to encourage them!
Other then this weekend, I have time for Barnsley. Proper club.
(08-09-2022, 10:33 AM)Theyak2 Wrote: [ -> ]We have won once in 14 attempts and that was with prosinecki in the side.
0-2 pompey

Got to break the trend at some point then, and we're definitely made of sterner stuff now - it's nice for the opposition to be worried about us rather than us worried about us. I'm saying 2-2 though, because I'm usually one goal shy of what we get.
(08-09-2022, 04:48 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Other then this weekend, I have time for Barnsley. Proper club.
Michael Parkinson's book about being a Barnsley supporter is a brilliant read. Highlights football humour really well.
Pages: 1 2