TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: mk dons away
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A couple of years ago we had a drive to see if we could get a load of fans up there, the mantra was "6k to mk"  I know this year's game is on a good Friday which might make it difficult for some plus the cost of living at the moment, but wouldn't it be brilliant to change it to " 10k to mk "  If we are still in the top 3 then I think it's possible. I'm going so we only need another 9,999 !!!   What do you think ?
(08-09-2022, 06:50 AM)Yepmop70 Wrote: [ -> ]A couple of years ago we had a drive to see if we could get a load of fans up there, the mantra was "6k to mk"  I know this year's game is on a good Friday which might make it difficult for some plus the cost of living at the moment, but wouldn't it be brilliant to change it to " 10k to mk "  If we are still in the top 3 then I think it's possible. I'm going so we only need another 9,999 !!!   What do you think ?

Police have restricted the maximum away allocation to 7k or so. Would be good to take big numbers  up there again though. There's not all that many opportunities to do it these days.
That is one ground I will never go to under any circumstances. I refuse to pay a penny into their coffers.
My daughter and some colleagues did a lot of charity work through their company at MK Dons, she said they were extremely friendly and generous and they were regularly fed and watered and invited in to watch the game free of charge after their charity work. I've always had a liking for them since.
DeepBlue Wrote:That is one ground I will never go to under any circumstances. I refuse to pay a penny into their coffers.

Amen to that! Never been, never will.
Arsenal upped sticks too and moved from their home in Woolwich/Plumstead to Highbury
(08-09-2022, 04:29 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]Arsenal upped sticks too and moved from their home in Woolwich/Plumstead to Highbury

Fair point, but 10 miles or so within the same city is hardly comparable to what MK Dons did.
They are the one club I wish liquidation on, on principle.
Time they and Wombles kissed and made up.
(08-09-2022, 12:29 PM)Tomsk Wrote: [ -> ]My daughter and some colleagues did a lot of charity work through their company at MK Dons, she said they were extremely friendly and generous and they were regularly fed and watered and invited in to watch the game free of charge after their charity work. I've always had a liking for them since.

Agree with you 100%, we've used stadium MK for board meetings and everyone I've dealt with at the club was friendly and helpful.  Last time we used the place they had a home game the following evening and because most of the group had flown in from the US, they were all given complimentaries to watch them play Sheff Wed.
What a friggin awful place MK is. I somehow found myself walking around it's godforsaken streets a few weeks back- or trying to walk because the damn place isn't built for people or even bikes, only cars. Have to say though, that the club is friendly and they have a nice ground
(09-09-2022, 01:00 AM)kindofblue Wrote: [ -> ]What a friggin awful place MK is. I somehow found myself walking around it's godforsaken streets a few weeks back- or trying to walk because the damn place isn't built for people or even bikes, only cars. Have to say though, that the club is friendly and they have a nice ground

It's actually really good for cycling and walking there, they've got a big network of walking/cycling paths that are away from traffic.  Probably 25/30% of the people I work with cycle in each day (obviously reduces in the crap weather though).

The problem is as you no doubt found out, the routes aren't that well advertised and in some cases you wouldn't know they were there.

Tour de MK Routes