TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Burton away predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am going for a 1 - 1 draw on Tuesday night. Its a game a promotion winning team should be winning, but it's not the end of the world if we don't win it. Although dissapointing of course.

The game will almost certainly be going ahead, and Saturday looks likely too according to Cullen.

Ipswich scraped past Burton at the Pirelli 0 1 and Burton by many accounts deserved a draw. Burton were unlucky that game.

A lot of Pompey fans will be expecting an easy victory but I don't think it will turn out that way.

Burton will stay up and improve, and they have just let their manager go too so we can expect a tough game. They'll make it tough for us.

A draw will be very dissapointing after the position we find ourselves in, now with a real chance of building a gap between us and the chasing pack.

However we aren't going to win every game, and it's a sign of how well we have progressed when we are dissapointed with home or away draws against any team in this league now.
2.0 to Pompey
Burton have the worst form in all of the leagues. They have a new manager. Our manager is shortlisted for motm.

So it's destiny for us to lose 1-0

We then go our next 10 unbeaten.
I'm going 1-1, new manager factor and all that. Get a point and move on
We'll slaughter Burton 4-1
5-0 Pompey . Scarlett hat-trick and 2 for the Bish
hate playing a new manager.
Scarlett doing great. Putting himself about is great but can back fire with lower league refs!
Burton 2-3 Pompey
Bishop with 2 and Scarlett with the other
3-1 to PFC IMO PUP SWALK NORWICH DYSWIDT NO FOFF U tosser
(12-09-2022, 04:58 AM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]3-1 to PFC IMO PUP SWALK NORWICH DYSWIDT NO FOFF U tosser

WTF
dsmg is obviously a LOMBARD.
(12-09-2022, 01:08 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [ -> ]dsmg is obviously a LOMBARD.
What?  Lots of money but a right din.

Sorry dsmg only joshing.
Merchant banker?
3-0 Pompey
4-0 for Pompey.

Ogilvie, Scarlett, Bishop. Then Pack gets the fourth and his head explodes.
Burton will have the new manager bounce, but according to Burton supporting mates the new guy, Dino Maamria, was the cheap option.  Therefore I’m going for 3-1 to Pompey.

Not saying Brewers supporters are pessimistic at the moment but here’s a message I received from a mate who’ll be in the home support tomorrow: “Burton are shit... since Burton last won we have had a queen, a king and 2 prime ministers!!!”
2-0 to us. Both for Bishop
Yeh, usually the first thing a new manager tries to do is shore up the defense. I imagine this may play out like a home game where we have to try and break them down and they try and hit us on the counter or set piece.

I try and look at it as anything more than a point away from home is a bonus.
1-0 to Pompey at half time, goal from a set piece. 3-0 at full time, we catch them on the break twice after 60 minutes as they are forced to attack and tire more quickly than we do.
(11-09-2022, 04:23 PM)Northstander Wrote: [ -> ]2.0 to Pompey

Oh bugger I've accidentally read a Blue Army post... I feel dirty.

Well at least he's predicting a win this time. Best file it in the TBA "Hall of Fame".

(clearly the filter that I had to ignore BA's mood swings is clearly not working....)
(13-09-2022, 02:33 PM)Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh bugger I've accidentally read a Blue Army post... I feel dirty.

Well at least he's predicting a win this time. Best file it in the TBA "Hall of Fame".

(clearly the filter that I had to ignore BA's mood swings is clearly not working....)

I thought he predicted a draw ?

Blow the whistle Ref  Tongue
(11-09-2022, 04:20 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: [ -> ]I am going for a 1 - 1 draw on Tuesday night. Its a game a promotion winning team should be winning, but it's not the end of the world if we don't win it. Although dissapointing of course.

The game will almost certainly be going ahead, and Saturday looks likely too according to Cullen.

Ipswich scraped past Burton at the Pirelli 0 1 and Burton by many accounts deserved a draw. Burton were unlucky that game.

A lot of Pompey fans will be expecting an easy victory but I don't think it will turn out that way.

Burton will stay up and improve, and they have just let their manager go too so we can expect a tough game. They'll make it tough for us.

A draw will be very dissapointing after the position we find ourselves in, now with a real chance of building a gap between us and the chasing pack.

However we aren't going to win every game, and it's a sign of how well we have progressed when we are dissapointed with home or away draws against any team in this league now.

Well, a very polished performance by pompey with none of the banana skin you foretold.
You are getting boring now or even unknowledgable