TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Can the club install some temporary seating to boost capacity?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the game Saturday v Plymouth, there are only single seats available, limited availability. There are no double seats together. Again. Tried to buy 6 seats together and take the grandchildren and no chance of this.  Lots of people I've spoken to can't take their kids and grandchildren Saturday due to no double seats or more available.

I don't think improving the booking seating would make a big difference either. We just need a bigger capacity now, even if that means temporary seating whilst the club look longer term. 

If away fans bring more than 1200 as i understand it, because of the stand layout currently, we can't sell tickets in the Milton end to home fans. Of course that will change when the Milton end is refurbished. But for now Plymouth will bring at least 1200 Saturday so there will be empty seats in the Milton end.

We would likely be able to sell 25,000 for Saturday. I've been speaking with a lot of Pompey fans who can't take their children, grandchildren etc Saturday.

Whilst i applaud the club for the improvements made, and long term vision for the ground, surely every effort should be made to increase capacity now, even with temporary seating installed? Get as many Pompey fans in the ground as possible.

The long term goal is a new North Stand etc, as we know, but we need a capacity increase now. Surely the club should be considering temporary seating to cope with demand for people who want to go with friends and family etc? Wolves as an example have this over the last few seasons. Its worked well for them.

I'm sure I saw a statistic that across the country, around 75 percent of people go to a game with a friend or family member etc and sit with them at the ground.

Look at the last home game with Peterborough, because Peterborough didn't sell many, the club opened a block in the Milton end for home fans and that block (around 500 seats) was soldout in less than 24 hours. Lots of families sat there.

The fratton end as usual has been soldout for this Saturdays game since at least Wednesday last week, at least 10 days before again.

I'm sorry to moan but this is a becoming a massive issue for the club and fans and lots of people just aren't able to take their kids etc at the moment. 

We would sell 25,000 home tickets for Saturday no problem, however there will be only 17,000 home fans and probably 1500 away fans.

There's not a club in the UK that are punching below their weight in terms of capacity as much as Pompey are. It's a massive problem.
Instead of investing in property around the world why don't you buy a bunch of season tickets?

"Massive" problem solved.
6 together is going to be a big ask even if you tried booking before any sales had been made. I doubt with season ticket sales there is a block of six anywhere other than for hospitality packages (this could be an option for you).

I can see one block of 2 available but then there are only around 1% of home seats available. I think if you are this late to the party in booking then you probably need to look more to yourself than the club.

Write to the club and ask if a software solution could be implemented by Ticketmaster, for it is they who must make the change to their system. Or maybe write to Ticketmaster.
This has been BlueArmy's mantra for weeks now. Why he's writing here instead of to the club - as you suggest - is beyond me.

There's more than an element of attention-seeking here.
Thanks teeftwo but I have a season ticket and give money to the club that way. I live abroad a lot so this season won't  be able to use my St that much.

When I'm home and pompey are doing well too then
the grandchildren want to go to fp.

I've looked again and can't find any double seats together.

Since its been confirmed Saturday should be going ahead then tickets have been selling very quickly.

I know lots who can't take their kids etc.

Whichever way you look at it, whether its buying in advance or whatever, the capacity is not big enough to cope with the demand.

We would sell 25,000 for Saturday. No doubt in my mind about that.
There were 2 available together in NLJ 20 minutes ago, they've now gone.

Oh sure, we could sell 25,000 now, but what about in November, or February. What do you think it would cost per seat to provide this extra capacity? And would the club make that back? Where does the club build them? How much extra H&S paperwork etc. is need? What about access, stairwells and so forth? It's not a question of just chucking in a few Stefan dining chairs from Ikea in the corners is it.

If you want a guaranteed set of seats you need to buy season tickets at the start of the season. Even now with the discounted season tickets there are only tens of these available, all single.

If you want two seats together you can get them, I managed to a couple of weeks ago for a sell-out. You have to plan ahead. No good whinging if you leave it until the week of the match.
(12-09-2022, 02:20 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]There were 2 available together in NLJ 20 minutes ago, they've now gone.

Oh sure, we could sell 25,000 now, but what about in November, or February. What do you think it would cost per seat to provide this extra capacity? And would the club make that back? Where does the club build them? How much extra H&S paperwork etc. is need? What about access, stairwells and so forth? It's not a question of just chucking in a few Stefan dining chairs from Ikea in the corners is it.

If you want a guaranteed set of seats you need to buy season tickets at the start of the season. Even now with the discounted season tickets there are only tens of these available, all single.

If you want two seats together you can get them, I managed to a couple of weeks ago for a sell-out. You have to plan ahead. No good whinging if you leave it until the week of the match.

I get what you're saying and appreciate your comments but even if people buy some time before, there are still thousands who can't get tickets because of the capacity.

The fratton end is soldout at least 10 days before games now.

If we are doing well in any league, with good prices and the feelgood factor at the club, we'd easily sell 25k plus, even in this league.

An increase is required urgently.
You say urgently but how do you propose this work is carried out mid-season without reducing existing capacity, something that would make what you see as an issue much worse. The club has done marvellous work over the past few months in the North and South Stands, work that required significant planning and investment. Adding capacity to a football ground is not something that can be achieved on a whim, it needs months and months of work before anything can happen.

If you can't appreciate that then you are quite naive in how long projects such as this take to plan before a workman even sets foot in the ground to start.

Your thoughts on seat booking are good ones, just need directing at the correct audience. Your ideas on a short-term increase in capacity are a flight of fancy not based in reality.
I’m a season ticket holder and I could’ve got 6 together for you the first day they went on sale. I say could’ve but I wouldn’t have as you’re a troll cünt.
(12-09-2022, 04:49 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I say could’ve but I wouldn’t have as you’re a troll cünt.

Well.

I guess I'll use my first post on laughing out loud at that.
(12-09-2022, 04:49 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: [ -> ]I’m a season ticket holder and I could’ve got 6 together for you the first day they went on sale. I say could’ve but I wouldn’t have as you’re a troll cünt.

Hope you're keeping well mate. Let's hope for a win tomorrow. Be a tough game though don't you think.

Have a good evening mate.
They aren’t just going to magically build more seats overnight, stop posting about it every day you twat.
(12-09-2022, 06:02 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]They aren’t just going to magically build more seats overnight, stop posting about it every day you twat.

You've not been on for a while mate.

Hope you've been keeping well mate. Let's hope for a win tomorrow.