TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: What's your favourite team?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(14-09-2022, 07:47 PM)SouthseaBubble Wrote: [ -> ]Heavens, I didn't realise I was quite so ancient, even among ancients!

Yea look at me mush I’m lucky enough to have made 90 and my underpants are still cleaner than Isaacs mind you he’s 10 years older than me so he has an excuse.
We all sit in the new raspberry section so please feel free to pop down and say hello.
(15-09-2022, 12:44 PM)oi oi saveloy Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-09-2022, 07:47 PM)SouthseaBubble Wrote: [ -> ]Heavens, I didn't realise I was quite so ancient, even among ancients!

Yea look at me mush I’m lucky enough to have made 90 and my underpants are still cleaner than Isaacs mind you he’s 10 years older than me so he has an excuse.
We all sit in the new raspberry section so please feel free to pop down and say hello.

Lacoste colostomy bags me right up.
No firms gonna want to take the colostomy crew on who wants their newly acquired £150.00 polo shirt covered in plip plop.
There’s no limit to the amount of damage I could do with a full colostomy bag.
(15-09-2022, 01:30 PM)oi oi saveloy Wrote: [ -> ]No firms gonna want to take the colostomy crew on who wants their newly acquired £150.00 polo shirt covered in plip plop.

Get the feet on your Zimmer frame sharpened up and you could stab four northerners with one thrust, efficiency  and carnage in one swoop.
But Sav’s zimmer has the commode option. Could get messy.
(15-09-2022, 04:11 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]But Sav’s zimmer has the commode option. Could get messy
Nothing wrong with a commode, you’ve got to have something to dunk your rich teas in.
(15-09-2022, 07:58 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-09-2022, 04:11 PM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: [ -> ]But Sav’s zimmer has the commode option. Could get messy
Nothing wrong with a commode, you’ve got to have something to dunk your rich teas in.

I’ll have to try that mush I’m not too keen on rich tea biscuits but I will try it with a chocolate digestive because I’m a posh coont.
(15-09-2022, 04:01 PM)Smirnoffexpress Wrote: [ -> ]
(15-09-2022, 01:30 PM)oi oi saveloy Wrote: [ -> ]No firms gonna want to take the colostomy crew on who wants their newly acquired £150.00 polo shirt covered in plip plop.

Get the feet on your Zimmer frame sharpened up and you could stab four northerners with one thrust, efficiency  and carnage in one swoop.
"Hand grenade and a walking stick! When there's trouble we'll .........hobble in as quick as we can". You know the tune....   Angel Angel
James
Neill, Aizlewood, clarke, Beresford
McCann, Laidlaw, Dillon
Whittingham, Kemp, Walsh
James
Johnson Blake Raggett Tait
Dillon Kennedy Merson Prosi
Walsh Hateley

Knight
Aizlewood
Linvoy
Biley
Wittingham
Begovic
Ward, Campbell, Went, E. Stevens
     Merson, Kennedy, Prosi
  Anderton, Whittingham, Walsh
Chalkias
Tiler Sonko Talbot Chorley
Skopelitis Etrl Basinas
Mills Karadas Mbesuma
(16-09-2022, 10:58 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Chalkias
Skopelitis Etrl Basinas
Mills Karadas Mbesuma

The legend that was Johnny Ertl has no place in that team  ... I'd replace him with John Latham.
Knight
Swain   Gilbert  Blake  Hardyman
Hillaire    Tait    Dillon    O'Callahan
Quinn      Dave Kitson....
(17-09-2022, 10:30 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(16-09-2022, 10:58 PM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Chalkias
Skopelitis Etrl Basinas
Mills Karadas Mbesuma

The legend that was Johnny Ertl has no place in that team  ... I'd replace him with John Latham.

Yep Carl Tiler, Drew Talbot and Ben Chorley God they were bad lol I would play Donkey Baird up front with Lee Mills for sure. I wonder if Isaac will comment about Johnny Ertl being in your team  Rolleyes
Laurent Robert worth a place? Not so much because he was a bad player but because of a somewhat ropey attitude.
Gentleman without question, as was Carl Dickensen, but the other half of his legend stems from being a hopeless trier. Yes he put himself about, but was complete toilet - he was like playing with 10 men. His place in the team is therefore solid. Sentiment is not enough!
(17-09-2022, 11:53 AM)scumslayer Wrote: [ -> ]Gentleman without question, as was Carl Dickensen, but the other half of his legend stems from being a hopeless trier. Yes he put himself about, but was complete toilet - he was like playing with 10 men. His place in the team is therefore solid. Sentiment is not enough!

No, he wasn't hopeless by any means.  Hopeless players don't get seven international caps for a decent European country like Austria. 

Very average as a centre half maybe but as a defensive midfielder he was good at reading the game and covering the spaces. Not so good at passing, but then that wasn't a major part of his role.   

The team around him were generally pretty rubbish, and no way should he be picked out of that period as one of the worst.
I always thought Djimi Traore might have found his way into that team. Maybe on the bench. I thought he was dreadful. Sander Westerveld would be a candidate in goal again prob on the bench.
Sorry Deep but I haven't forgotten. The majority of the times Etrl played, we might as well have had 10. Not only do I remember that, I also remember the weekly clamour for him to be dropped by the majority. Football is a perishable skill. International during his time at Pompey?
Leaving Johnny Ertl football genius aside for a moment , it's  a bit harsh to put Basinas in that team. Ok we was probably past it by the time he signed for us but but 100 caps for Greece and a European Championship winners  medal would suggest that the blame  falls more on Paul Hart, often overlooked when Pompey's worst ever Managers are discussed. Just ask Theofanis Gekas.
Gekas was banned from selection if I recall. A bananas situation
(14-09-2022, 08:10 PM)66zoolane Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-09-2022, 07:46 PM)dsmg Wrote: [ -> ]Southsea, not many on here saw him play. Butch did of course, he even saw Jack Tinn.

I preferred Knight to Arthur Conan Doyle

Elementary really.
Pages: 1 2