TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Players Pompey signed that broke football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everyone has a list of players we have signed where you think how on earth did we get them/this isn't fair on the rest of the league/we have broken the league.

My big three here are: Merson, D'Alessandro, Defoe
D'allesandro and LuaLua together in the same team was phenomenal.
I'd agree with Merson because we were a struggling Championship side when he signed, but I don't think anyone we signed while in the Premier can really come under that category. Maybe Campbell because he was the first that all the other big names followed. 

But the ultimate player for this must be Prosinecki --- if you'd made a film about a club like us signing a player like him you would be accused of a lack of realism. 

At a much lower level Pack, Lowery & Scarlett must register in that category this season, let's hope we still think so by the end of the season.
In addition to many mentioned above I couldn't believe it when Hateley signed. He scored 22 goals in 38 appearances in that one season. Then after the goal in Brazil (the only time England have ever beaten them on their soil) he cleared off to Milan Lol
Prosinecki, Paul Walsh
(13-09-2022, 03:26 PM)DeepBlue Wrote: [ -> ]I'd agree with Merson because we were a struggling Championship side when he signed, but I don't think anyone we signed while in the Premier can really come under that category. Maybe Campbell because he was the first that all the other big names followed. 

But the ultimate player for this must be Prosinecki --- if you'd made a film about a club like us signing a player like him you would be accused of a lack of realism. 

At a much lower level Pack, Lowery & Scarlett must register in that category this season, let's hope we still think so by the end of the season.

I literally to this day can't believe Sol Campbell played for us. As much as you had to make room for his ego, he was still at the top of his game when we got him. As a signing I don't think we will mamage one as high profile as that in a long long long long time.