TrueBlueArmy Forums

Full Version: Our grounds not big enough
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That’s a fact that is
Saturday is already soldout in the home ends.

Even when the Milton end is refurbished, 20k is still nowhere near big enough capacity.

For Saturday we would be able to sell 25k to 30k tickets.

Whilst the improvements made are good, the ground is far too small for our needs and hopefully the club are looking at really expanding the capacity beyond 20k asap.
Nice to see the ground full every game. Makes for a great atmosphere and that’s all that’s important.

It’ll get bigger. just as we will.
There are companies that do temporary stands wonder if they could fill a corner in using one of these for the time being?!

If you look at some of the tennis tournaments a lot of those stands are temporary and have corner sections
I’d start with a bigger Fratton End - there IS room behind it

Get the capacity up another 2/3

Then north stand upper innit
I’m sure that’s what will happen , but no need at the moment. We need to be established in the championship first. No use building a 25/30,000 stadium if it’s only holding 19,000, especially in these times of austerity.
It’s always easy to say increase this, buy this player etc when it’s not our money.
Thing is we are selling out every game now, so there is a need to increase capacity ASAP. If we are promoted the demand will.increase further.

I think we'd have around 30,000 there Saturday if the ground was big enough.
Someone isn't listening.

It was only 25,000 a week ago. If we keep winning, then by March we'll need to move to the Camp Nou.
This isn't going to happen over night unfortunately. In the short-term I think the idea of some temporary stands at the Milton end corners make sense so we can at least house 20K.

I can't see anything beyond that this season though. There will then be a major decision to be made if we manage promotion. We will need to increase to at least 25K for the Championship. But this will cost money & there will need to be a lot spent on transfer fees & wages. My feeling rightly or wrongly is that this will be too rich for the owners to shell out & they'll look to sell at a tidy profit.

To try to ensure a good chance of promotion the owners will need to back the manager in the January transfer window which previously they've failed to do to any real extent. A good F.A. Cup run would also help to generate a good war chest for transfers. But the owners will need to top that up so the EWK policy may have to be sidelined.
There's no way the owners are in this for the short term, given what they have invested.

They are billionaires and a tidy profit is very insignificant to them.

They may sell eventually, but I'm convinced that will be when capacity is 25,000 plus and we are a solid championship club or even in the premiership.

I really don't see them selling us in the foreseeable future. It doesn't make sense.
I always understood the North Stand/Milton End corner was left empty for a "safety" reason. Please enlighten me anyone if I am wrong. Work is due to start on the opposite end of the ME next month, the corner by the South Stand is to be "dug out" and therefore the ME will have a reduced capacity down to 1600. (Bristol Rovers had a ticket allocation of 1900 I recall). As for the North Stand development the club has always stated that depends on other stakeholders putting money in to improve both the road and rail infrastructure. A Network Rail employee I know would say why would NR put money in for a bridge which in the main, would only be used a minimum of 23 times a season ? Argyle have sold all of their allocation for Saturday so it should be a cracking atmosphere.
I’ve just got off the phone to my mate who is a Burnley fan and the Eisners are going to click their fingers on Friday and the capacity will be 95k for Saturday.
(14-09-2022, 07:54 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: [ -> ]I’ve just got off the phone to my mate who is a Burnley fan and the Eisners are going to click their fingers on Friday and the capacity will be 95k for Saturday.

Lolz.

I don't think we'd sell 95k mate. Very few clubs could. That's more than Wembley holds.

We could definitely sell 25k Saturday at current prices, possibly 30k too.
Anyone who thinks capacity can be increased this season has clearly never worked on a project of this nature in their life.

It ain't gonna happen. Stop moaning about it. You are utterly deluded.
We’d sell double the away tickets (& some) we do in the 3rd division most weeks if we got into the champ

Ground isn’t big enough - simples
Our ground ffs

It’s not big enough moosh

Innit
(14-09-2022, 09:15 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone who thinks capacity can be increased this season has clearly never worked on a project of this nature in their life.

Absolutely spot on and I couldn’t agree more. I have worked on a stadium projects before so understand the process, how long it takes and exactly what is involved. It’s no easy task and can assure everyone reading this.
(08-10-2022, 06:30 AM)BigSmokeBlue Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-09-2022, 09:15 PM)teeftwo Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone who thinks capacity can be increased this season has clearly never worked on a project of this nature in their life.

Absolutely spot on and I couldn’t agree more. I have worked on a stadium projects before so understand the process, how long it takes and exactly what is involved. It’s no easy task and can assure everyone reading this.

I don’t think you need to have worked in the industry to know this. I suspect a 6 or 7 year old would be able to recognise this.
To be honest, having seen the work proposed, planned and put in place so far, we maybe need to just trust the owners carrying out the first refurb of the ground in decades to carry on and complete it.
Little snippets from various videos. The North lower being designed to carry a new top tier for starters.
Another sellout today.
Officially soldout yet again. We need a bigger capacity ASAP.
The Eisners are just adding 10,000 seats, the tickets will be available from the ticket office from 2pm